cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

webmail taking ages to load both folders and email

Since this morning I am having trouble with long delays accessing individual emails and the different folders on my email. Even when I log in its taking an inordinate amount of time to load. Any others having this issue and what can I do about it?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: webmail taking ages to load both folders and email

Ditto!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Same here. All aspects of Webmail super slow currently. Opening messages, moving through folders, deleting a message all taking much longer than usual. Very frustrating. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Are you using Firefox as your browser by any chance? I use and it swiched to Edge and the issue disappears. I would prefer to use Firefox though. No idea what the issue is. I do know Firefox has just recently issued and update... could this be the problem?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

No idea why anybody would want to use a WEB browser for email in the first place.

Try the proper tool for the job https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I have both Google Chrome & MS Edge installed, and see the same issue in both. I don't believe the problem is browser  related. It feels more like BT's Mail servers are lagging.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Slow email log in on PC

I recently tried to install the MyBT App on my PC but failed.  Ever since when logging in to email it takes a few minutes as apparently waiting for www.Google.co.uk or analytics.TikTok.com or or a variety of other interventions.  How can I get back to a quick access?  There is no problem on other devices.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Re: Slow email log in on PC

@Brian50 wrote:

How can I get back to a quick access?  There is no problem on other devices.

Probably because the other devices are using a proper mail app rather than a WEB browser with all the attendant dross that goes with it. See message 5

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

having problems with webmail both loading, opening and sending. Its been going on for weeks

Is anybody else been having problems with there webmail. If you have do you have any suggestions before i contact BT 

Its takes ages to load, open or generally work on my emails or sub folders

thank you in advance 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Thanks for the suggestion re: Thunderbird, I may look into that. I feel you are kind of missing the point here though.  Webmail had been working just fine until recently but now clearly has issues with performance. People come here to report those issues in the hope that BT take notice & work on fixing them. 

For those, like me, who were reasonably happy with webmail and not looking to have to install a new software package on all the devices they use as a workaround, BT acknowledging & fixing the issue being reported would be the preferable solution. 

0 Ratings