Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 91

Re: what have you done to my email?

Go to solution

@mike50501 wrote:

I do not have an email client on my devices,

If you are using a Windows 10 machine you do.

0 Ratings
mike50501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 91

Go to solution

only a fool would use windows 10

My email is back and updated to a new interface, which I do not care for, but at least I can now get on with my work again.

BT SUCKS

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 91

Go to solution
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 91

Go to solution

@mike50501wrote:

only a fool would use windows 10

That's certainly an unusual way to prevent people trying to help you, and most would not share your opinion.

My email is back and updated to a new interface, which I do not care for, but at least I can now get on with my work again.

The issue is why are you using a browser to access emails rather than a dedicated mail client?

ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 91

Go to solution
I'm surprised as a distinguished guru you are asking why someone is using a browser - if someone as myself wishes to use an option that BT offer, that's up to them - this thread is discussing why the BT offering doesn't work!
0 Ratings
mike50501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 91

Go to solution

I use the Linux operating system.  I would never use a microsoft operating system.

I have been using a web page log in for very many years, as mentioned further back, to access my personal email from work, I have no choice but to use a browser to log in as users are forbidden from installing software on the work network machines.

Dedicated email clients may be fine, but in certain cases not possible.

It seems clear the reason my email, along with many others, was down, is due to the upgrade that BT have supplied me with this afternoon.

A new interface.

I did not post a comment about email being down, to make friends, just to get some answers, which I got by dialling 150 and speaking to a human, which turned out much better than typing to 'well meaning' people who didn't have a clue.

Good day

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 91

Go to solution

@ypt You could also use a fork to eat soup, but its not recommended.

Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 91

Go to solution

@mike50501wrote:

It seems clear the reason my email, along with many others, was down, is due to the upgrade that BT have supplied me with this afternoon.

A new interface.

No problem Mike, thanks for relaying the answer to the issue that some were seeing. The forum is a peer support system, and not everyone by a long chalk will have seen the issue - so any feedback is effectively only going to be suggestions based on knowledge gained over the years of seeing similar reports in the forum.

Only the moderators might be aware of system issues - and of course a possible telephone helpdesk.

0 Ratings
jaybs1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 91

Go to solution

Pleased that someone has got an answer, I was just chatting to someone online for someone online for over 20 minutes, kept sending me links which of course did not work!

This morning it worked fine and I quite liked the new layout, it was a lot faster and quicker, but why release it until the get it completely right!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Elizabeth11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 91

Go to solution

I think the reason people like myself, Mike, and Kelpie get so angry and frustrated, and the Distinguished sages of this forum feel affronted and insulted by their sometimes snappy retorts, is that we should not have to go on this forum at all, to get a problem sorted out.

Someone on the forum pointed out that email is free with BT broadband, implying that we should be grateful for what we have, but it's not really free is it? Nothing in this world is!

The only reason I use email is because, after 45 years of life managing happily with post and phone ( remember those days anyone?) There are some things that have been made impossible without it, like VAT returns, and so we have to do it. 

It's like having a car, driving capably down the road, but not wanting to have a degree in engineering in order to fix it.

That's what garages are for. We don't want a well meaning neighbour ( possibly with good knowledge) to have to drop round every day to sort it out, and ideally we want a car that doesn't need fixing every day anyway.

It taken a huge chunk of the time I have left on this earth to even teach myself how to use this Techno stuff already. I couldn't even type until I got a computer. My brain refuses to understand words like " browser" and "client" and I don't want to spend time and effort doing that, I haven't got time, and I haven't the energy, and there's lots of other stuff I'd rather do and have to do. 

I just want a simple system that will work so that when I have to use it I don't get VERY stressed. 

It's as if in the good old days of pen and paper,  we were all expected to try and write on sandspaper with scra biro while standing on our heads. The simple solution was to get nice smooth Basildon Bond and a good ink pen, and sit in the garden writing letters