Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 81 of 91

Re: what have you done to my email?

Go to solution

kchops

This thread and the messages on it are not inrelation to Yahoo and Oath. It is in relation to the new User Interface on the BTMail system. 

If you have any more questions about Oath please stick to the new thread that was started for you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jaybs1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 82 of 91

Go to solution

No I'm using Firefox,  have done since it started, never liked Chrome!

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 83 of 91

Go to solution

@Whiskerswrote:

@jaybs1wrote:

It was the 17th March 2019 after the new BT Email was launched within a few hours it was down, I have not been able to access my email onine from the BT.com website, yes you can sign in. until yesterday when you pressed on email took you to first a special offers page for a few days, then that was changed to a Broadband offer??

Yesteray afternoon we seemed to make progress, pressing on Email, it took me to my account showing that I only have one BT Email, press then to go onto my account and Yes once more back to the BT Broadband special offers!

I have spoke to BT in Belfast now twice only to be told sorry it will be back up soon, I have sent an email complaint and no reply.

For how much I pay this is simply not good enough! I like to use the BT.com to check my email, whatever I am using, or in an hotel!

50 Years with BT, but this is really thinking if it is time now to Leave!

Are you using Chrome, the problem seems to be with chrome on the constant redirect tothe offers page.

Just done it to me again, can get on on IE

Back on again in Chrome, no sense or reason to it, only thing done is reboot the laptop after having a bath!!!

0 Ratings
jaybs1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 91

Go to solution

Just chatted with BT someone in Asia, they told me to clear my cache & cookies, did that and for the first time in SIX DAYS I am able to sign into my BT Email?

She said they are having problems with Chrome and Mozilla, why has No One suggested this over the last 6 days?

0 Ratings
Flossy744
Contributor
Message 85 of 91

Go to solution

When I read this thread yesterday I tried to log into my by email and sure enough it was just adverts.

I left it alone and tried again this morning, all back to normal. 👍

0 Ratings
piglet22
Contributor
Message 86 of 91

Go to solution
I don't know who this "No One" is, but BT are the culprits here.
Someone in BT has had their sticky fingers in this mess, but you can bet you won't get any answers from them. Clearing cookies is just another scripted answer, so don't get your hopes up. The bottom line is BT messed up.
0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 87 of 91

Go to solution

@piglet22wrote:
I don't know who this "No One" is, but BT are the culprits here.
Someone in BT has had their sticky fingers in this mess, but you can bet you won't get any answers from them. Clearing cookies is just another scripted answer, so don't get your hopes up. The bottom line is BT messed up.

Big Time

This has obviously not been trialed very much as the behaviour on Chrome is far different than that  on IE.

The purple banner on IE does not drop down boxes automatically, on Chrome it does which is a right pain.

It should not have been forced on us, very unhappy about the way this has been done.

New Super Slick are not what I would describe this new UI, more like Buggy Poor Illegible.

Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
mr_zerostate
Contributor
Message 88 of 91

Go to solution

Looks like it's broken again today. It was working fine for a few days and now it's back to clicking on My Email which always redirects to the offers page.

0 Ratings
piglet22
Contributor
Message 89 of 91

Go to solution
They don't know when to give up. Corporate malware. So far, my very oldest BT Mail account is untouched. I keep checking for ux mail. Newer accounts have been infected.
0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 90 of 91

Go to solution

@mr_zerostatewrote:

Looks like it's broken again today. It was working fine for a few days and now it's back to clicking on My Email which always redirects to the offers page.

What browser are you using, mine was doing that in Chrome, yet it was working in IE.

try this

https://www.bt.com/btmail

Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings