Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elizabeth11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 91

Re: what have you done to my email?

Go to solution

And continuing the rant...

I don't post that because, as you can see, if you have had time and patience to read my ramblings, I was about to correct the annoying already auto corrected word " scratchy" biro, when the whole thing jumped, popped off the screen and posted itself.

I'm trying to correct the word don't ( above ) into didn't, and every time I do, the box I'm typing in disappears and has to be retrieved.

This is exactly what I am talking about. In the time I've typed this tedious monologue, I could have written it ten times over.

The heart of my message is... Distinguished sages, your help is lovely, but you shouldn't need to do this.

You should be out in the fresh air, running free, looking at the spring flowers, and not dealing with angry luddites who, through no fault of their own, have been forced to join you in a world they don't understand.

Off to saddle up my horse now and trot off down the lane.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 91

Go to solution

@Elizabeth11  You are, of course, absolutely correct. The purpose of this forum should be peer to peer help with resolving  problems that can be addressed by the user not trying to firefight problems with BT's woeful email systems.

Obviously can't speak for the other sages, but rest assured I do spend a lot of time out in the garden in the fresh air and admiring the bluebells in the wood that are an absolute picture at the moment!

Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 91

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

@Elizabeth11  You are, of course, absolutely correct. The purpose of this forum should be peer to peer help with resolving  problems that can be addressed by the user not trying to firefight problems with BT's woeful email systems.

Obviously can't speak for the other sages, but rest assured I do spend a lot of time out in the garden in the fresh air and admiring the bluebells in the wood that are an absolute picture at the moment!

I'm with licquorice ... well not personally ...

I am a member of 3 walking groups, cycle a lot, and am a huge fan of nature. We too have a couple of planned walks through bluebell bridleways and woods shortly.

The "titles" given to users are a secret algorithmn based on all sorts of criteria. As I said, many of us have been in these forums for years, and prior to that the newsgoups (usenet) BT used to have dating back to the late 90's.

In all this time, a lot of knowledge is simply gained by the similar posts over the years and seeing if suggestions turn into the correct fix/answer. Hence peer support can nearly always be the best advice - not to mention probable speed of reply as there are more peer members than moderators.

If the systems were perfect, then there would be no responses to faults that have suddenly appeared for users that had no issue up until them. It's at that point people post and many regulars may respond with ideas and suggestions based on previous experience. If the issue isn't widespread, then it might seem as though the help is trying to be specific to the poster. Not everyone uses the same computer/browser/client or hub etc, which could indicate a local issue

However when many people post on the same topic, then it becomes clear that a wider issue has happened - at which point the best people to get involved are the moderators. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to apply to the vast amount of cases where browser access for email works, but app/client does not 😞

In the days of newsgroups, when a big failure occured, a lot of people will suddenly join the system to report the same error - it's not always quite as obvious in these forums as they are not quite as simple as usenet used to be.

Systems will never be 100% perfect.

0 Ratings
goingdownhill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 91

Go to solution

I have the same problem,on to BT chat ,(lost that link )they phone to say had a lot of complaints for the home page poping up and no Email link.

They said give it 24 hours for the problem to solved.

0 Ratings
jaybs1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 91

Go to solution

Another day & still not fixed, last night told they were so close, it will not be long now, but gow long is a piece of string, did this really all come from changing the layout & look of email? of course BT will be compensating us lol

0 Ratings
AlisonP
Contributor
Message 26 of 91

Go to solution

Mine was fine last night but I'm getting this problem this morning too.  I am heartily sick of this.  I have downloaded Thunderbird to start using and have only been able to migrate 2 of my email addresses at the moment (waiting for moderators to help me on this one).  Now I can't get into BT email at all.  What a load of tosh this all is at the moment.

Whiskers
Contributor
Message 27 of 91

Go to solution

I feel for you.

I have multiple machines, laptops and desktops and my desktop gaming machine is a Quad boot machine into 2 XP Drives, one W7 drive a one W10 drive.

All have chrome on them as my preferred browser, log on to my email from any Operating system no problem, I don't particularly want to use another email client as that would mean setting it up on 7 operating systems. These distingueshed sages and Gurus didn't think about that one did they when banging on about installing dedicated email clients.

And I am capable of installing email clients but why the hell should I when it was perfectly fine as it was.

Email and letter going to the CEO.

0 Ratings
jaybs1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 91

Go to solution

Mine has never worked since after a few hours of the new email layout, day after day we are told it is nearly completed shouldn't be long! but that has wore then, at least they have changed the page we are directed to when you click on Email, not it is about Broadband!

One time here in The Community we were kept updated, but there seems a deadly silence, no one outside of this community in the media seem to be picking up on it, why? it's a complete disgrace that BT are not keeping users up to date and making sure we are able to access BT Email online, via bt.com

When you click on Email button top right on bt.com as you see the loading every shows that is is going to Email, until the final link which is  ?wm52????

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 29 of 91

Go to solution
Mine is exactly the same at the moment
Logged in to My BT and click on the email in the Purple Banner and it goes through the motions and it ends up here,
https://www.bt.com/?wm52
a never ending loop, can't find your details by the look of it.
I have phoned and spoke to a real Liverpudlian who has reported it and said it is being worked on.
0 Ratings
ey7777
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 91

Go to solution

"My email is back and updated to a new interface, which I do not care for, but at least I can now get on with my work again.

The issue is why are you using a browser to access emails rather than a dedicated mail client?"

I'd like to comment on the above question. On a different thread, I've been talking about problems I have using mail clients with my BT email address. In the course of discussing it with BT support, I have been told twice the following: "Bt only guarantees email via webmail - we do not advise using a client." I responded to that telling them I was very shocked to hear that - but they said it was only ever designed to be used via webmail. I did ask them to show me where in their terms and conditions or any of their marketing material they inform the customer of this. They have yet to respond to that request.

0 Ratings