Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piglet22
Contributor
Message 61 of 91

Re: what have you done to my email?

Go to solution
Amazing how these questions are not getting answered! but going on about outlook and google lol

It's why you're messing about trying to fix it on a Bank Holiday and I'm not - lol

0 Ratings
mr_zerostate
Contributor
Message 62 of 91

Go to solution

I've had this problem today. I would appear that the website was updated overnight and that a redirect on the email login page was put in place so that it always goes back to the offers screen.

Another update that appears not to have gone through any QA.

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 63 of 91

Go to solution

@jaybs1wrote:

Bank Holiday Monday, tried earlier to sign in to my BT EMAIL, no success just the same takes you in the end to a BT Broadband offer page. Just tried 11.30am and Wow! I went a step forward signed in, it took me to a page telling me how many email accounts I have! but when I pressed on Go to Favourite Email Box, it tried! but in the end it returned to the BT Broadband offer!

Is this a good sign? may be it be fixed today, no one knows?

Amazing how these questions are not getting answered! but going on about outlook and google lol

I am afraid that these so called Gurus and Distinguished Sages seem to have a one track mind, use an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird.

I have just improved my Experience on Chrome with the "New Super Slick UI" by right clicking on the purple banner, Inspect, then right click on the highlighted blue band  and click on Hide Element.

That way the purple banner is disabled for the time you are on and it stops the drop down boxes appearing.

Maybe I could sue BT for RSI injuries for unnecessary mouse movements!!!   Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 64 of 91

Go to solution

@mr_zerostatewrote:

I've had this problem today. I would appear that the website was updated overnight and that a redirect on the email login page was put in place so that it always goes back to the offers screen.

Another update that appears not to have gone through any QA.

It did that to me yesterday, Sunday and it came back in the evening after phoning and complaining and speaking to a real Liverpudlian. Easier to understand than some of the non native help.Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
allanraymond
Aspiring Expert
Message 65 of 91

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

@allanraymondwrote:

I  use an email client but at present it has gone belly up because of problems at BT end which means I can't send or receive emails using the client, this is a well known issue coveered in detail on another thread.     I have had to revert to one of my browsers to access my emails until such time as the issue clears itself.  So it really isn't appropriate to keep briging up that we shouldn be using browsers to access our emails whilst we are thwrated sometimes due to the intermittent problems in accessing via a client.

It is a well known issue that given there are over seven million BT users generally only affects a small number of the users who are in the main on the BTYahoo email system, which I believe you are on from your previous posts, so it really is appropriate to keep bringing it up that an email client is different and better way to access your email. 

This is even more appropriate when you consider that the new user interface (UI) that is being complained about is on the BTMail system and not the BTYahoo system.

It should be noted that nobody has said you should not be using browsers to access your email . All that has been said is that there are many advantages to using an email client not least of which given the complaints about the "new" webpage is that BT can not change its UI.

You are correct I'm still on BT Yahoo and for the last three days accessing my emails via an email client (I actially use two different email clients, Thunderbird and my preferred eM Client)  is vey much hit and miss, it is off at present. So I have to resort to email access via my browser which is very unsympathetic if trying to insert tables into a message when compared to ising eM Client.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 91

Go to solution

@Whiskers wrote:

I am afraid that these so called Gurus and Distinguished Sages seem to have a one track mind, use an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird.

There are many good reasons for that.

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 67 of 91

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

@Whiskerswrote:

There are just as many good reasons not to.

All this is only preference and would not be an issue at all if BT had not messed about with a perfectly good, usable and clear UI that has been replaced by an inferior buggy and stupid UI.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 68 of 91

Go to solution

As well as all the other good reasons to use an email client here is one that I would be interested to hear how you better it using webmail.

Do you trust BT or any other  email service to securely store your emails for you?  Remember the Yahoo hack, the Talk Talk hack the gmail hack etc etc.

If there was a hack of your email service all your emails are in the hands of the hackers and can be deleted or read and gleaned for "identity theft".

If you use an email client your emails are downloaded and stored on your device where you are responsible for the security and they can be included in your back up regime, assuming you have one. 

Each to their own and what suits you

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 69 of 91

Go to solution

@Whiskers wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

@Whiskerswrote:

All this is only preference and would not be an issue at all if BT had not messed about with a perfectly good, usable and clear UI that has been replaced by an inferior buggy and stupid UI.

It is not preference at all, unless of course you prefer ads, trackers, cookies, contacts stored on a server vulnerable to hacking, a GUI open to change on a web designers whim.

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 70 of 91

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

@Whiskerswrote:

@licquoricewrote:

@Whiskerswrote:

It is not preference at all, unless of course you prefer ads, trackers, cookies, contacts stored on a server vulnerable to hacking, a GUI open to change on a web designers whim.

I don't see any ads at all, I use an adblocker, your emails are still on a server to get them to your email client so are still vunerable to hacking. 

I use at least 5 operating systems and as it was before easy to access from any OS without the need for a dedicated client.

0 Ratings