cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 61

Re: why doesn't the Search facility work in my BT emails?

@Mflanagan101  it’s just so annoying!!! BT emailed yesterday to say they were closing the complaint!??? Why for goodness sake!!? You’ve not asked me if it’s any better?? And it bloomin’ well isn’t. 
I have so many emails I need to trace really, and it will take forever each time I want to find them 😕

giving up really! But would be nice if they could sort something out!!! X

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 61

@Maggie8  Yep I’ve tried it all too!! 😞

I’m getting behind on responding to emails as I simply can’t find them and each day my inbox is filling up!! 

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 61

@LeanneH1  Had this issue for ages now!! And like yourself, have urgent emails that I need to find and it takes forever to trawl back through!!! 

Not getting anywhere with BT either to be honest. They were very friendly etc, but nothing is fixed!!!  😞 and yesterday they emailed to say they’ve closed the complaint as it’s been 14 days!!??? But why? As they’ve not gotten back to me with any options or progress?? X

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 61

@Maggie8  What can we do do you think? To get this pushed on to someone that gives a **bleep**!? lol 😂 

it’s so frustrating. X

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 61

BT said that I have too many emails in the inbox and that is the reason. They recommended that I should put them into folders which will ease when searching. I haven't done this yet as it's a very tedious exercise. Instead I tried searching by clicking on the side arrow (click to show advanced search) then searching for a specific shorter period (one month) for a specific sender's name and that gives results of the search. It's not the best option but something is better than nothing.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 61

Hi all regarding the above problem

I am being flooded by the community in relation to "why doesn't the Search facility work in my BT email"

I think it is time that BT got hold of this and other problems (i.e. so-called updates that don't work) and solved them speedily.

A complaint direct to BT needs to be made with a demand for action now!

Otherwise, leave BT and find a better email provider nothing talks louder than money.

Kind regards.

David R Connell

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 61

Yes I have had my account since around 1996/7 and its worked perfectly up until now!

It is so inconvenient not being able to search when I received hundreds of emails each day!  It is pretty much unusable in this state.

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 61

Mine was fine before the upgrade too.

The upgrade graphics/fonts are awful too!

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 61

I did think of deleting some emails, but I cannot find a way to delete them quickly anymore (following the upgrade).  Also when I change how the emails are shown (a-z for example) so I can bulk delete, that doesn't work either!

So my only option would be to delete each email individually!

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 61

I have reported the issue to BT too but posting on their social media may have a better result, if they have social media pages (or Trustpilot)??

I'll have a look.

0 Ratings