cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 61

Re: why doesn't the Search facility work in my BT emails?

In no way wishing to defend BT, it has always been a rule of the forum that email addresses of ANYONE are not allowed to be posted. Sorry to spoil your conspiracy theory.

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 61

Licquorice, if the CEO's as good as the technical staff, then we haven't got a hope of it ever being sorted out anyway!🙄

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 61

no matter which devise I use or browser I still can't search my emails

very annoying

We also had issues with internet dropping or not working at all so now switched to Starlink and what a change. Download speed with Bt was 3.21mB with Starlink 167mb. Paying £20 extra a month but worth it.

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 61

no matter which devise I use or browser I still can't search my emails

very annoying

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 61

This issue has been going on for so long now for so many people who all try suggestions that do not work for them.

So what is going to happen now hmmm????

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 61

David, I think BT have now run out of excuses for the fact that the Search facility doesn't work.  The only thing they haven't asked us to do yet is press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, but that may happen any day now if they get desperate.  😂

Pathetic service.

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 61

Maggie, I agree totally but why should we all have to put up with this rubbish from such a big name like BT?

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 61

Just to clarify and not wishing to tell granny how to suck eggs, per chance  this is not obvious when carrying out a search:-

When you are carrying out a search the default search folder is the "Inbox" folder. It does not search any other folder other than the inbox folder so obviously if the searched for email is not in the Inbox it will not be found.  

If you want to search all your folders for an email you have to select  that you want to search "All Folders" in the drop down box which is selected by clicking on the down arrow to the right hand side of the search box and then clicking on the down arrow to the right hand side of the "Folder" box.

Put as much information as possible into the various fields so as to narrow down the search parameters then click the search button at the bottom of the search box that opened when you clicked on the down arrow to the right of the search box.

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 61

gg30340,  Tried all of this - it doesn't work.   I've also tried putting in less information, on the database premise that 'less is more', as they say.  This didn't work either.    

When receiving updates from BT by phone after I complained, I asked the caller from BT why my Search facility worked perfectly fine until the latest upgrade - but it now seems beyond the wit of whoever to sort it out on the new upgrade?  I also asked why the problem wasn't identified in testing before the go-live of the update?  Silence was the response to all of these questions.   There was a profound apology for all the inconvenience, but this isn't good enough - we are paying for a working service and it is up to THEM to fix it, not the end users having to keep trying every permutation under the sun to get it to work. 

They know full well that asking us to perform these snake oil procedures trying to rectify it won't do anything - but they will never admit it, it's just clutching at straws and passing the buck to the end users.  No surprises there, then.🙄  PS:  Could re-christen the update Horizon, maybe?

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 61

For information I do not use BTMail webmail as a matter of routine. I use an email client/app on all my devices as I find they are by far the best way to access/use and manage my email. 

I only use webmail when I am trying to help resolve the problems that are reported on this forum.

I am presently on version MX_3.6.0. The search function on my BTMail accounts work as I would expect without any issues.

I also found that the search function worked as it should on all previous incarnations of BTMail.

I reason I asked if the procedure in carrying out a search was as I outlined was to try and start a diagnoses of why your and others search function does not work as expected so as regards your comment "we are paying for a working service and it is up to THEM to fix it, not the end users having to keep trying every permutation under the sun to get it to work". I fully agree with that but as this problem does not appear to universal it may be the case that your problem will only be resolved by asking you and the others to try "every permutation under the sun" in order to try and diagnose exactly where the problem lies.

As you obviously think that by asking you to carry out various things to try and diagnose where the problem may lie is just  "asking us to perform these snake oil procedures trying to rectify it won't do anything - but they will never admit it, it's just clutching at straws and passing the buck to the end users"  I will take heed of that and bow out of this thread.

0 Ratings