cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 1 of 46

windows live mail will only send and receive on my sub account but not my default account

Go to solution

Hi there, windows live mail will only send and receive on my sub account but not my default account

Regards

Mike,

0 Ratings
45 REPLIES 45
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 46

Re: windows live mail will only send and receive on my sub account but not my default account

Go to solution

Have either of the accounts been migrated from BTYahoo to BTMail, see link how to tell

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

Has the problem just started?

Can you still send and receive when you log onto BTMail at   https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

What happens when you try to send emails, do you get any error messages?

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 3 of 46

Re: windows live mail will only send and receive on my sub account but not my default account

Go to solution

Hi Sage, Thank you for your responce.

At least 4 or 5 weeks

BT Yahoo Mail service

Yes I can send and receive with BT Yahoo Mail service 

No error message shown

The  problem is only with windows live mail and will only send and receive on my sub account but not my default account they say is not with them but BT.

Regards

Mike.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 46

Go to solution

When you say "my default account is not with them but BT"  who says this?

Have you checked the settings on WLM.

POP3

Server incoming and out going: mail.btinternet.com

Email user name: (Normally you only need the prefix of your email address but some users have found the need to enter their full email address.ie xxxxx@btinternet.com)

Password: Your BT email password.

Log on using clear text authentication

Out Going Server in requires Authentication (Use same as incoming mail server. Some users have found that they need to enter the password and username instead of ticking box “use same as incoming mail server” )

Outgoing Port : 465 SSL security

Incoming Port : 995 SSL security

IMAP

Same as above except for Incoming Port: 993 SSL security

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 5 of 46

Go to solution

No initial please  an old age pensioner at this end 

What is WLM?

Outgoing port 465 does not work only 110 works

incoming port 995 does not work only 25 works

when I use BT Yahoo both accounts work okay

When I use Windows live mail (which I prefer to use) only second account works but not main account (default account)does not work????

I have checked out all the other criteria you say.

I have spent the last 2 weeks with Windows live mail and they say everthing is okay at there end and should resolve this problem with you???

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 46

Go to solution

@MIKETANGO wrote:

No initial please  an old age pensioner at this end 

What is WLM?  Windows Live Mail

Outgoing port 465 does not work only 110 works You need to change the Ports and security settings to those that I posted or your signing into BTMail servers will not be accepted. See the link below.

incoming port 995 does not work only 25 works As above

when I use BT Yahoo both accounts work okay

When I use Windows live mail (which I prefer to use) only second account works but not main account (default account)does not work????

I have checked out all the other criteria you say.

I have spent the last 2 weeks with Windows live mail and they say everthing is okay at there end and should resolve this problem with you???

Have a read through this link and the part about Windows Live Mail and how to change it for BTMail.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47531/kw/setting%20up%20windows%20live%20mail/c/346,6...

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 7 of 46

Go to solution

I have read the link and it said I do not have to do anything.

I repeat again, when I change ports like you say nothng works ie 110 to 465 and 25 to 995. if I have mis-understood then explain better?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 46

Go to solution

When changing to those ports, have you also ticked SSL. Those are secure ports and require SSL to work.

I.e 110/25 SSL unticked, 465/995 SSL ticked

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 9 of 46

Go to solution

I have changed the ports on both accounts and nothing happens.WLM a.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 46

Go to solution

In the settings on the "General" tab do you have the box "include this account when receiving or synchronising" ticked?

0 Ratings