cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 11 of 46

Re: windows live mail will only send and receive on my sub account but not my default account

Go to solution

Yes that is correct

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 46

Re: windows live mail will only send and receive on my sub account but not my default account

Go to solution

The only other thing I can suggest is that you delete the account on Windows Live Mail and set it up again. There is no guarantee that this will cure the problem It could be a BT problem.

Because you have it set up as a POP3 account , if you decide to do that you will need to back up your email folders or you will lose any emails you have on your computer.

If you've installed Windows Live Mail in Vista or Windows 7, chances are your email is stored in subfolders of C:\Users\ logon \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail, where logon is the name you use to log onto Windows.

If you installed Windows Live Mail into XP, the path is probably C:\Documents and Settings\ logon \Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail.

Once you have located these folders you will need to make a copy of them and save them in a new folder so that you can access them later. Once you have set up the account again you will need to go back to where you found the folders above and copy them into the new account.

If you are not confident in being able to do that you should check that the emails you want are still on the BTMail server by logging onto your BTMail account. If they are all there, when delete and set up your email account on Windows Live Mail they will all download again if the problem has been sorted. Obviously any emails that are not there will not be downloaded and will be lost if you don't do the back up method.

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 13 of 46

Go to solution

I have uninstalled my accounts and reinstalled them and got this error message attch. WLM say it could be a BT problem, I thought you were BT/

Untitled.pngWLM b.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 46

Go to solution

Can you remove your email address from your post. This is a public forum and you could end up getting loads of spam.

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. I am just a customer like you and all the other users of this forum. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

When you re-made the account did you use all the settings and ports that I posted earlier?

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 15 of 46

Go to solution

Yes I used the setting and ports you said,Untitled.pngWLM b.pngI have uninstalled my accounts and reinstalled them.I can send test messages on both but can only receive ou my sub account.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 46

Go to solution

There is nothing else I can suggest. It may be a problem at BT's end so the moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 46

Go to solution

Hi MIKETANGO,

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 18 of 46

Go to solution

Hi Neil, Okay done that.

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 19 of 46

Go to solution

@MIKETANGO wrote:

I have uninstalled my accounts and reinstalled them and got this error message attch. WLM say it could be a BT problem, I thought you were BT/

WLM error message.jpg

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 20 of 46

Go to solution

@MIKETANGO wrote:

WLM error message.jpg

0 Ratings