cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 21 of 46

Re: windows live mail will only send and receive on my sub account but not my default account

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 46

Re: windows live mail will only send and receive on my sub account but not my default account

Go to solution

Silly question, but you are putting different details in the 2 accounts? i.e xxxx@btinternet.com in main account and yyyy@btinternet.com in sub account.

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 23 of 46

Go to solution

@MIKETANGO wrote:

Yes I used the setting and ports you said,I have uninstalled my accounts and reinstalled them.I can send test messages on both but can only receive ou my sub accountWLM a.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 46

Go to solution

Yes, but its the user name part I'm talking about. You are sure you have entered the correct user names in each of the accounts?

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 25 of 46

Go to solution

There is no silly question in this game, only old senior people like me! Any help is welcome. Yes they do have different details

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 46

Go to solution

Just looking at your earlier screenshots, they imply that the mail is not sending rather than not being received. When you say you can send on both accounts but not receive, how exactly are you arriving at that conclusion, are you sending mails to a test account?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 46

Go to solution

Does your servers tab have these options selected?

wlm5.jpg

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 28 of 46

Go to solution

Yes the server tab are correct like your example. I sent test messages form both account to the other, also I sent a test message to my son in the USA, in all they sent and he received both. I asked him to reply which he did but I only received a reply on my main account. With all the test messages, the main account did receive them!

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 29 of 46

Go to solution

@MIKETANGO wrote:

Yes the server tab are correct like your example. I sent test messages from both account to the other, also I sent a test message to my son in the USA, in all they sent and he received both. I asked him to reply which he did but I only received a reply on my sub account. With all the test messages, the main account did receive them!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 46

Go to solution

So you are saying the only mail you haven't received is from your son on your main account?

0 Ratings