cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 31 of 46

Re: windows live mail will only send and receive on my sub account but not my default account

Go to solution

Yes correct, I did not receive a reply from my test message on my main account only on my sub account

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 46

Re: windows live mail will only send and receive on my sub account but not my default account

Go to solution

That's not what you said in message 29, you said test messages were received ok, but message from son was not received. I assumed by test messages you meant the automatically generated message when you set the account up.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 46

Go to solution

Just to completely clarify what is happening could you perform the following 2 tests please? Test 1 send a message from main account to sub account, report outcome and any error messages. Test 2 send a message from sub account to main account, report outcome and any error messages.

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 34 of 46

Go to solution

No error appears.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 46

Go to solution

So there is no problem with your mail then!!

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 36 of 46

Go to solution

Yes there is, for example,  if you sent me an email to my main acount I would not get it. if you sent me an email to my sub aacount I would get it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 46

Go to solution

But you just said both tests were succesful, did you or did you not receive the mails sent in the tests?

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 38 of 46

Go to solution

Only in so much he, My son received them, he in turn replied to both account and I only recieved the reply on my sub account

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 46

Go to solution

I repeat.

Just to completely clarify what is happening could you perform the following 2 tests please? Test 1 send a message from main account to sub account, report outcome and any error messages. Test 2 send a message from sub account to main account, report outcome and any error messages.

Do both mails get sent and both mails arrive? The answer you gave previously suggests that they did. If so, your WLM is set up correctly and there is nothing further you can do.

0 Ratings
MIKETANGO
Contributor
Message 40 of 46

Go to solution

Test message from sub account to main account sent and shown as sent in my sent box but not received.

Test message from my main account to sub account and shown as sent in my sent box and received in my sub account.

No error message shown with either accounts

Interestingly all the test messages are shown on BT Yahoo and all appear normal???

0 Ratings