Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

yahoo log in

Go to solution

trying to log in to my yahoo account.  Every time i do i get redirected to my bt yahoo login page.  I done want this.  any ideas?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: yahoo log in

Go to solution

Is it a Yahoo email account or a BTYahoo email account?

If it is a Yahoo account you should try clearing the cache and cookies from your browser.

If it is a BTYahoo email account have a read of message 7 of this thread. It may be relevant.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-yahoo-mail/td-p/1879964

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution
Hi,

Thanks do much for your help. It is a yahoo account and even after clearing cache it still redirects me to bt yahoo
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks again for your help still struggling these links take me to yahoo to enter my email when click next it then takes me through to bt yahoo. That's the hit I don't want. Just yahoo.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

There is nothing that the forum users will be able to do to help so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help.

They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@stephenbeal123 Thanks for posting, are you logging in to your yahoo account using a @btinternet.com email address or an @yahoo email account?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution
Hi again,

It is a bt e mail address and I have had this before. I managed to sort it but can't remember how I did it .

Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@stephenbeal123 You can no longer login to to Yahoo using a @btinetnet email address as the system recognises your as a BT email customer you will be redirected to the BT mail login screen instead.  The link that @gg30340 posted goes into more detail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

@stephenbeal123wrote:
Hi again,

It is a bt e mail address and I have had this before. I managed to sort it but can't remember how I did it .

Thanks

Hi.

Are you actually able to login? Can you say what the problem is with the BT access?

Strangely although you get taken to a BTinternet login page, after logging in it will still show mail.yahoo.com in the URL

0 Ratings