cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

you have moved this message while using another device at the same time, please refresh your screen

Go to solution

Hello

I tried to delete some some unnecessary emails today and this message appeared in a light grey box

"you have moved this message while using another device at the same time, please refresh your screen"

followed by a light grey Error box : "an unexpected error has occurred"

I was unable to delete any unwanted emails

I use NO other device to check emails - what could have prompted these messages? It is very concerning

Thankyou in advance

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: you have moved this message while using another device at the same time, please refresh your scr

Go to solution

It is a misleading generic message that flashes up when the email system has not synchronised quickly enough. It does not mean that your email account has been compromised.

If you click on the "circular arrow" refresh button on the left in the email menu bar it will reload/refresh your email and the message should clear and the process you were trying to do should be completed or allow you to do it again. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: you have moved this message while using another device at the same time, please refresh your scr

Go to solution

Thank you for replying. It did solve this issue when I logged out and back in again.

Much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I too am getting this message, every second time I try to delete items from the web mail screen. 

Yes, refreshing the screen does solve it, but you have to do that every subsequent time you want to delete something, so this isn't really a permanent fix. It didn't do it before the 'upgrade' happened and is mildly irritating as if you are way down the inbox and it fails, you refresh and then have to go back through the list again, delete, refresh, go back through the list and so on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

It was not intended as a permanent fix, it was a "work around". BT are apparently aware of the problem and I have been informed that BT are "investigating" the problem. 

This will hopefully mean that they will start working on a fix that will be forthcoming sometime in the future along with the multitude of other "fixes" that are required.

See link

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-migrations-Update-from-BT/td-p/2062527

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you.

0 Ratings