Aspiring Expert
Pasha_Selim

How do I mark a post as a question?

Is this a question?

-- -.-- / ... .. --.
Value Added Guest (Inspiring Not Aspiring)
Rate a post if you like it! - just click the star under the user's name on the left. (N.B. ratings facility no longer available in Forum Help and Suggestions; nor is it available in the Lounge)

Aspiring Expert
AlunH

Re: How do I mark a post as a question?

I don't think you can.  You can however mark subsequent replies as "solved" using the options menu on the relevant post.

Cheers

Alun

"Can a leopard change it's shorts?" - T Prattchet
Aspiring Expert
Pasha_Selim

Ah, that's a relief Alan, thank you. I was going nuts last night vainly seeking the method, because I was sure I'd seen Dorset somewhere refer to marking a new thread as a question at the point of formulating it.

-- -.-- / ... .. --.
Rate a post if you like it! - just click the star under the user's name on the left. (N.B. ratings facility no longer available in Forum Help and Suggestions; nor is it available in the Lounge)

Aspiring Expert
Pasha_Selim

[ Edited ]

AlunH wrote:

I don't think you can.  You can however mark subsequent replies as "solved" using the options menu on the relevant post.

It looks like we can be sure of this Alun because nobody's come forward to say otherwise. I'll now mark this qestion as answered :smileyhappy:

However I note that nobody has answered the question I posted in the body of my original post: "Is this a question?" :smileywink:

-- -.-- / ... .. --.

StuartH

Hi Guys

I think AlunH hit the nail on the head there. post your question as you would in any post and then pick the best solution, that way anyone else reading the thread can jump to the solution straight away.

Cheers

Stuart

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry that we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)
Aspiring Contributor
ploughman

Surely if you open a POST with the standard question word and end it with the expected ?, this should suffice to satisfy you requirements.

Aspiring Contributor
Happy

Have this Windows Home Premium 7 and really need to be able to print out messages so they can be read - even Sherlock Homes with his magnifier would't be able to read it!
Aspiring Expert
wedding

I thought the way to mark a question as solved was for the original poster to click the radio button "mark as solved" that appears below the "reply" and "quick reply" radio buttons?

wedding

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
Aspiring Expert
wedding

Happy wrote:
Have this Windows Home Premium 7 and really need to be able to print out messages so they can be read - even Sherlock Homes with his magnifier would't be able to read it!

Happy, I'm not sure what you are aiming at here, or did I miss something?

wedding

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
Sage
Keith_Beddoe