cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Sim card info shows my number as "unknown"

Go to solution

Thanks Robbie.

I have submitted that form and tried to explain as much as possible. I have since been told by somebody that the sim status number unknown, and my number being shown as "no number" when I call people may not actually be connected.

My number showing as "no number" is my main priority for fixing at the moment.

Cheers

Steve

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

My mobile doesn't report my 'phone number in the SIM Status settings page either but I don't think that's unusual so I shouldn't worry about that bit.

The Network Default setting should forward your number on to anyone you call or text unless you dial 141 beforehand in which case it will be witheld.

You should have received up to three text messages when you first installed the SIM, if you didn't then you should request a "Sim Update" (not OTA Update as per your post), but be warned these can take a couple of days to come through.

Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

@Anonymous- easier said than done sadly. I have spoken to 2 people at BT. The first time I was connected to someone from India who really didn't understand what the problem was, and gave me a number to call to speak to tech help. The number he gave me was actually a number for changing settings in my voicemail.

I then managed to get through to an English guy, who was doing his best to understand and help, but just insisted it was a phone problem even though I did point out I hadn't received any of the welcome text messages from BT.

Edit: not sure if this is connected, but according to "My BT" I'm still using my old phone. It doesn't seem to realise the sim is now in this new phone.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

@Retrovertigo 

I wouldn't worry too much about what it says on MyBT which is notoriously slow to update but it does seem that your SIM card hasn't been correctly activated.

Perhaps @RobbieMac can arrange for a SIM Update message to be sent, this is basically an OTA update (as you said earlier), failing that a new SIM Card should cure the problem.

I don't believe that BT don't know what a SIM Update is, I used to request them from EE on a daily basis as part of my job at the time, I think you just spoke to an individual who doesn't know what they are and can't be bothered to ask his/her peers. A terrible attitude for anyone on support to take.

Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

@Retrovertigo

I think personally a replacement SIM would be the fastest route to hopefully resolving the issue. By the time the mods get to your form and spoken to the mobile team the SIM would be on its way. 

Message 16 of 22

Go to solution
This might not work but try going into the Dialer (where you would call a number) and type *31# then the green phone or call button. You should get confirmation of "Outgoing Caller ID. Service was enabled". The reverse of this is #31#.
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

@andy_gyeah already tried that buddy. Didn't help sadly 😞

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

Had a friend round last night and decided to try calling his phone while he was here, and low and behold my number showed up. All seems to be working fine now 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Quick follow up, had a welcome text from BT a few minutes ago, so possibly had something to do with it starting working late yesterday evening?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @Retrovertigo

Finally sounds like everything is up and running. Let us know if you have any other issues Smiley Happy