cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmarky
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

1572: Unblocking a wrongly blocked number

This is a question on behalf of my mother-in-law who accidentally blocked a number she didn't want blocked.

She called the bt help line, but was told she would have to log in to her mybt account and change her settings to rectify the mistake. Unfortunately she cancelled her broadband and email some time ago (as they were hardly being used) and so cannot now set up a mybt account as the prerequisite for this is a valid email address and password!

Is she stuck with a wrongly blocked number or is there some other way round this situation?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: 1572: Unblocking a wrongly blocked number

@bmarky wrote:

This is a question on behalf of my mother-in-law who accidentally blocked a number she didn't want blocked.

She called the bt help line, but was told she would have to log in to her mybt account and change her settings to rectify the mistake. Unfortunately she cancelled her broadband and email some time ago (as they were hardly being used) and so cannot now set up a mybt account as the prerequisite for this is a valid email address and password!

Is she stuck with a wrongly blocked number or is there some other way round this situation?

Thanks in advance.

It’s surprising that Call Protect is still active after cancelling. But it makes sense, if the user has a phone.

However, 1572 option 3 allows the user to cancel all blacklisted numbers......you would then need to add the other numbers you have blocked......if Call Protect remains activated.

You can report post backs if there are problems.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Further to last post.

If the blocked caller leaves a message: listen to the message, (option  4).

Then follow the instructions as to how to proceed. Think it will give you a guide to remove that number from the blacklist.

0 Ratings
bmarky
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Ok, thanks Ribblelancs, will look into it.
0 Ratings
DavidBRose
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

I just tested this by blocking my mobile number. I then played the message and selected option 4. That only tells you what the number was, but no way to remove the blocked number.  So now my mobile is blocked and I don't know how to unblock it!  

Ooops!  😞

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 10

@DavidBRose You'll need to login to your MyBT account with your BT ID and follow the below steps.

Go to the BT Call Protect portal

Under Your blacklisted numbers locate the phone number to be removed

Click Edit

Click Remove from blacklist

call protect blacklist.png

DavidBRose
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Thanks very much.  I assumed I could have done it using my phone, but it's easy via the web site.

Kind regards

David

rwbmlb
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Hello, can you advise me on this please:

- When I call from skype to my home BT landline, the call gets instantly diverted to 1572

- When I log into my BT account and go to "Your blacklist", its says I have 0 numbers on my blacklist, and when I go to Manage it says "Blacklist is off".

As far as I know I have never activated 1572 - but it seems to be active, zombie-like, blocking calls from skype.

It used to be that some calls from skype would get through, but now it is zero calls.

I tried once ringing up BT, and they said maybe it had something to do with copper lines (??) and sent an engineer, who duly came and left without fixing the problem (or the other long-term problem we have with the landline: crackling and interference, especially after rainy weather - which other engineers have also failed to fix).

Please, any advice about how just to get skype calls to the landline unblocked?!

Richard

0 Ratings
NextGenG
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

RE blocked Skype numbers, make sure BT Blacklist is also turned off in case they are being blocked this way. (Or cancel Call protect)

0 Ratings
Paul612667
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Thanks for your help 19-6-21

These are the steps I had to success

Click my BT to get dropdown menu

Click your products

See Landline on PC screen

Click manage

See BT Call Protect on screen

Click manage (make sure it's switched on)

See Your blacklist

Click manage

Search for part of number to delete and therefore allowing them to call you or scroll down through the list you may notice another number you don't want blacklisted.

Click More

Click delete from the dropdown menu to remove the number