cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: 4 weeks and no connection

It's under a sticky label called Digital Voice Customers Only on the back of the Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

Ah, hadn't spotted that! So am I right in thinking that his old phone can just plug it there? Does it then use different technology to Digital Voice? I'm confused because no one at BT suggested this was an option - from their end they could see that the digital voice connection  (whatever that is) had not been made and my efforts have been concentrated on getting that connection sorted.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

A normal phone should work in that socket just fine, provided the service has been enabled.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

The DV phone won't connect to the hub - That's the problem! BT say that it's because something hasn't happened at their end.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Ok, I think we've got to the nub of the problem - the service has not been 'enabled' and I can't find out why not!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

if you go to hub manager 192.168.1.254 can you see the phone number and is it greyed out or purple/blue?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

Is anyone able to tell me how the digital voice service is 'enabled'  ie turned on by BT and hence what might have been the problem in this case? My only thought is that the previous occupants of the house were using Fibre Voice Access which during one of my may conversations (in this case with a very helpful technical chap in Accrington) I learnt that BT were phasing out because it wasn't any good and were pushing out Digital Voice instead. Could it be the switch from one service to the other which is causing the problem?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Can I do that from my home - I'm not with him at present?
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

are you dealing with the FTTP team 08005874787 who should help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

I think we've established that the service hasn't been enabled so can anyone recommend a suitable course of action to get BT to sort this out e.g a phone number for vulnerable customers where I can actually speak to someone who can do something more than sending an email to management or logging it as an issue on the 'system'. Both of these sounded plausible at the time but after 4 weeks they haven't worked. I also registered an official complaint a couple of weeks ago but nothing's happened with that either.

0 Ratings