cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

700 Minutes Call Plan.

Go to solution

Hi

Looking at my Usage & Bills. It appears that 'RTNR' (Ringing Tone No Reply) calls have their duration subtracted from the 700Minutes, in the style of an active, end to end call.
Is this correct ?

Cheers ! TTS.gif

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: 700 Minutes Call Plan.

Go to solution

They don't, only time it would happen is if the ringing was you being on hold somewhere as far as I'm aware

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

As already stated, this can only occur if the call Is answered , and then ( for example ) the destination call system applies  ringtone itself , typically the call is answered,( so billing starts )  you get an announcement along the lines of ‘sorry we are very busy , your call will be answered as soon as s possible ‘ and then ringtone resumes , the difference is the ringtone is from the company’s phone system, not the ‘exchange’.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

👀garybs29
They don't, only time it would happen is if the ringing was you being on hold somewhere as far as I'm aware.

iniltous
As already stated, this can only occur if the call Is answered , and then ( for example ) the destination call system applies ringtone itself , typically the call is answered,( so billing starts ) you get an announcement along the lines of ‘sorry we are very busy , your call will be answered as soon as s possible ‘ and then ringtone resumes , the difference is the ringtone is from the company’s phone system, not the ‘exchange’.👀

So, calls that fall under the umbrella of the '700 Minutes Call Plan'.
1. When there's a 'BT Ring Trip', or similar response, on a chargeable call. A charge is levied, and appears on the Bill.
2. Do 'BT Ringing-Tone-No-Reply' calls, appear on the Bill. as no charge is levied ?
3. Do 'BT Call Set-Up Charges' apply to the '700 Minutes Call Plan'?

Cheers.png TTSs.gif

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I don’t have that plan , I’m on the PAYG option and avoid using the landline phone for ‘chargeable’ calls  anyway, but it’s my understanding that calls that are not answered , so RTNR , because there is never an answer event , there is no  billing record ( item on the bill ) , if you called a line that had a fault ( ring trip ) then the chances are that would be seen as a valid answer and would be charged for ( but why would anyone hold on for any length of time on a call like that )

A call to a company that answers and then puts you on hold ( with announcements, music , or ringtone ) are not ‘ring trip’ calls , they are legitimately answered calls.

As far as I know ‘regular’ calls don’t have a set up fee anymore , just a time on the call element that would be subtracted from the 700 mins,    only calls to ‘services’ attract the set up fee, because a major part , if not the majority of the call cost is passed in to the service provider , the company setting up the call ( after all they bill you , you pay them , and they pay the service company ) have legitimate ‘admin’ costs to cover as well as the call set up, these are not part of the 700 mins anyway, and are ‘advertised’ with the individual call costs , so if you called a service line ( a weather forecast for example) it should be advertised as ‘ x pence per minute, plus your providers set up cost ‘ and is not included in the 700 mins.

As far as non geographic numbers ( 0845/0345 ) these should be treated as ordinary calls , I don’t know if they are still separate ( you used to get 1000 mins included) or count towards the 700 mins , but are still ‘included’ in some way.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Looks like, I need to sign-up to the 'Advanced Course 4 Deciphering a Phone Bill' !
Alternatively. Keep a note-pad next to the phone, and diligently record the responses.

BE SAFE OUT THERE !BE SAFE OUT THERE !

0 Ratings