cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

A Positive Fault Fixing Experience

Go to solution

I guess as is the nature of forums like this, most people come when issues arise or when a negative experience is had.

So just to give a bit of balance, a positive experience over the last few hours...

My parents were alerted to a fault with their landline yesterday by their monitored security alarm company. They checked and indeed their landline phone had no dial tone.

As it's my account, I reported this as a no dial tone, landline fault via the BT online fault reporting portal yesterday at 18:50 in the evening (6th April). Fault logged and Openreach due to attend by the end of Friday (9th April).

Openreach engineer showed up at around 11:30 today, ran some checks at the master socket, told my parents that he was going to do some work at the green cabinet and come back shortly. Came back 30 minutes later and everything resolved. We are very happy with the outcome, from fault reporting to fully fixed in just over 17 hours overnight.

I know that unfortunately, not everyone has this kind of experience. But credit to BT and Openreach where it is due.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: A Positive Fault Fixing Experience

Go to solution

Closing the thread.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@Will168 

You can give feedback on this form.

https://www.openreach.com/thank-an-engineer-form

It is appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe .

Unfortunately, my parents weren't able to get his name, as their English proficiency is not good, but he was polite and did take the time to explain to them what he was doing and checked everything before he left at the end.

I have just called BT CS up and the agent assures me he'll pass the feedback on to Openreach. The report had not made it through the system yet, so I was not yet able to get the engineers name from BT, to complete the online form.

I'll try and follow up in a couple of days to see that the feedback was sent. The BT CS rep seemed to be very keen to pass the message on, as he said, predictably, someone calling up with positive feedback is quite rare.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
I should clarify that when I said in my previous message "The BT CS rep seemed to be very keen to pass the message on, as he said, predictably, someone calling up with positive feedback is quite rare." , I mean that when people have positive experiences, it tends to go under the radar. I didn't mean that positive experiences were rare.
0 Ratings