cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

About Digitial phone as i was changed over today but a never use Home line, but is there free calls

Go to solution

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: About Digitial phone as i was changed over today but a never use Home line, but is there free ca

Go to solution

@rodders241 

No free calls, you either use PAYG, or pay for a calls package.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Re: About Digitial phone as i was changed over today but a never use Home line, but is there free ca

Go to solution

Thanks Keith as all I am getting is nothing but lies this last 3 months

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@rodders241 wrote:

Thanks Keith as all I am getting is nothing but lies this last 3 months

The helpdesk do not have a clue about the product. This forum is the best place to ask any questions.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I’m not sure why anyone would think changing the method of delivery of the telephony service would some way change the way calls made were charged for , from the consumer point of view instead  of the phone plugging into a traditional phone socket it now plugs into the router phone socket , everything else is essentially the same , and obviously depending on the type of phone call plan ( if the customer has one ) some calls are included or if on PAYG , paid for as and when calls are made , incoming calls remain as they were , free to the ‘line’ answering .

As you state you never use the home line , then it’s not really going to affect you one way or another , but if someone told you that calls that were paid for on traditional PSTN are now ‘free’ on DV, then they were talking nonsense.

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Yea a thought the same Keith but a never or haven,t used Home landline though am sick paying Line Rental Saver . So it,s up in July but will see what offer they come up with WITHOUT LANDLINE . They have even went and Upgraded me??? Me heads done in this last 2-3 months with them as was Emailed what my monthly Bill was and even got a Phone call yesterday saying the same (monthly bill cost). They just keep deducted & saying sorry it,s all sorted???

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Don't confuse line rental with call charges.

Line rental is still payable as broadband doesn't arrive by magic.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@rodders241 

You cannot get broadband without paying line rental otherwise how do you expect to get broadband withe FTTP or FTTC.

You can get broadband without a call package or even without ability to make or receive calls giving a small reduction in monthly cost

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Yea a realise that So told the guy would waiy until July see what offers they have 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Yea a understand so will wait till July and see what offers they have
0 Ratings