cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Advanced Digital (Alexa) phone hours synchronising handset data

Added 2nd alexa phone this morning and its been six hours synchronising. Tried most recommended things from these forums - removing batteries, restarting SH2 (many times) and pressing end call button but just returns to same synchronising screen. I have also deregistered and reregistered but no joy. The phone is right next to the SH2 and  I have only got about 20 contacts.

Also, whenever I reboot the SH2 my first alexa phone also synchronises and it takes over an hour but finally returns to normal so I'm loathe to reboot again.

Interestingly in the hub manager the phone is listed as Handset 2 with the correct number but no Firmware or Hardware versions listed. I have FTTP  900

Any more ideas for me to try?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Advanced Digital (Alexa) phone hours synchronising handset data

are the contacts ones you added to phone or were they imported from elsewhere?

have you tried, when accessing phone number in hub manager, to reset the base station -  not a hub reset?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Many thanks for your fast response and suggestion.

The contacts I exported as a VCF from my mobile (Iphone) and imported to the first Alexa phone. They didn't display the caller id so I am gradually replacing with manually entries and deleteing the original imported entries - but currently theres a mix.

As for the reset base function I have selected the option but it didn't seem to do anything to alleviate the problem - other than my first phone did not attempt to synchronise which is a positive.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

When I first got the advance Alexa phone I tried importing contacts and it caused real problems with the phone so reset phone back to factory setting and added any numbers manually.  I discovered that I can use Alexa on DV phone and as linked to my Amazon account to voice dial phone numbers which are held by my mobile.  I now only have a few numbers in DV Phone of people who still call my landline

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Cheers, I'll give that a go.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I reset both phones to factory settings and restarted the SH2 then reset base settings again and reregistered. The original vcf must have remained however because both DV handsets started to sync. I believe there is no option to delete this.

After 30 mins I edited the problem vcf I had originally uploaded in notepad (was still on my pc), deleted all bar one contact and uploaded this small version to the hub. Repeated the process and the tiny vcf was sync'd in seconds. Now quite happily adding contacts manually from previous calls list and both phones are absolutely fine.

Thank you. I am grateful for your help

0 Ratings