cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Analogue phones not working on home hub 2

Help please, we've just changed over to a digital phone line the instructions state that you just need to plug your existing phone into the green socket on the home hub 2 and it will work! no it does not the digital phones BT supplied us work. but we have an office 100m away from the house with hard a wired phone & card reader which will not work anymore. I've tried talking to BT technical help no joy. Has anyone else come across this?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Analogue phones not working on home hub 2

With your comments about office is this a business connection or residential?

If you connect a phone tongue socket on back of hub then that phone will work. You cannot connect phone to another socket 100m away without other changes 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Analogue phones not working on home hub 2

We switched to full fibre and had a similar problem until I figured it out. We have six Panasonic cordless phones which I eventually got to work. The base unit needs plugging into the Home Hub 2 and that is it. You will not get a hard wired phone to work as all the extension sockets are disabled. We have had more problems with the "deluxe" VOIP phones than with the Panasonics. We have been without any BT phones for nearly three weeks (for the third or fourth time since going full fibre) and I have been told today the "fix" is in hand and they should be back on in five working days (a week in normal language) and he will call back to confirm - if he does it will be the first time a promised call back will be made - unlike the previous three or four.......

0 Ratings