cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

BT Advanced Digital Home Phone battery life.

Hi.

I've had my new BT Advanced Digital Home Phone with Alexa for a few months and today I made a call that lasted 45 minutes (previously I have made only very short calls on it). After this, the phone battery went flat. Do I have a faulty handset, or is that the expected talk time for this device? The phone was properly charged when I had it installed as per instructions and has sat in its cradle for most of the time.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: BT Advanced Digital Home Phone battery life.

Hi @cda123   Was it speaker phone or through the earpiece? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

It was through the earpiece.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

I have spoken for over an hour on mine (earpiece), and the battery was still showing around 3/4s full on mine, so I don’t think it is working as it should.

I would like to say a software update might help with charging management, but sadly it doesn’t appear they have yet worked out how to get this device to update either! 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

@stereohavenwrote:

but sadly it doesn’t appear they have yet worked out how to get this device to update either! 

Hi @stereohaven   Do you mean the software update doesn’t work? Mine says Software up to date. X65_BT_H31044.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

I have the same software number, I just keep hearing a beep once every week or so and get the following message on screen, which I believe is a known fault?

Unable to updateUnable to update

So I don't know if it has updated since arrival and the message is the bug, or it doesn't update as that is broken. You can't force an update either because it says either software is up to date or gives a similar error message.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

BT battery management on their phones since they moved away from rebadging Siemens has been pretty awful. Sounds like nothing's changed with the latest ones.

You really need to run the batteries down regularly but that's a difficult juggling act if you only have the one. So you either need a spare phone or a spare set of batteries & a separate charger.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Hi @stereohaven   

Have you tried a SH2 factory reset. Mind you there is nothing to gain if your software is up to date.

Untitled2.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Yeah @VeteranISPUser the SH2 has been reset previously related to a TV issue. 

The phone works fine apart from telling me it needs an update and then failing, which suggests to me the bug is the update message rather than the update process itself, otherwise we wouldn't be on the same version.

I wish I had made a note of which version it did come with to be honest.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Just to keep this live for 2024 – I also, am experiencing extremely poor battery life.

We have 5 phones in our house system and so not a major problem to switch phones. However, when I am in my “man cave” having only been on the phone for just over 1 hr and try to make the next call and find the battery dead  - this is not really acceptable.

I have never experienced this short battery life with any of type of cordless phone.

Should mention that they are left on charge overnight but not preplaced on the charger during the course of the day – but then, neither is my iPhone nor me previous Panasonic dect phones.

0 Ratings