cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Basic does not want new subscribers!

My elderly neighbour who is in straightened circumstances has been trying to get BT Basic. It has been a distressing nightmare for her what is wrong with you BT?  She fulfills the criteria and receives Pension Credit Garuanteed Credit.  She phoned and asked for the application form which has to be posted out and filled in in writing.  She waited, and waited.  After over a month of waiting and several phone calls chasing it up she was told by an advisor he would do it for her over the phone.  Then came the reply that either she did not fulfill the criteria OR the form had not been posted back in the required 10 DAYS!  This was very upsetting so she rang the number on the letter and was told to fill out the application form in writing!  After waiting two weeks 2 forms finally arrived and 1 was posted back the next day.  3 weeks later she received another letter saying she was either not eligible or the form had not been received in time.  I have been helping her out during the lockdowns and found her in great distress after getting this last letter.  I have been ringing BT for the last 3 weeks and just getting the run around - no answers and no resolution.  Please help.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Basic does not want new subscribers!

is your neighbour currently a BT customer?  phone and broadband?

have you tried 0800 800 864

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/BT-Basic-a-rant/m-p/2128851

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Yes she has been a BT customer for 20 + years.  As she is elderly and not IT savvy (nor could she afford it) she only has a landline.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Also we have tried that number numerous times I can give you the names of all the operators we have talked to, if that helps?  They certainly didn’t - though most were polite and sympathetic. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I have asked the mods who are BT employees to see if they can help. They will post here 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Deleted

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Clive44, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry your neighbour is having so much trouble setting up BT Basic. As she has already returned the form we'll be happy to check what has stopped her account been changed over. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you help your neighbour.

cheers

John

0 Ratings