cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

BT Being absolutely hopeless

Go to solution

Told I am to go Digital on my phone.  Told eventually it's done.  Trying to use the kit, no joy.  Phone my home number and I get put through to my brother's home phone, he lives miles away.  My kids phone me and they get put thru to my brother's number.  I can use the phone to phone out, well I chanced it yesterday and it worked anyway.  Trying to do the tests to find if I can sort it and it asks why my equipment is on one of the questionnaires, turns out it's not even listed and on the paperwork it's ADHP 1.0(Type A).  Deffo not on the listed equipment on the fault checking page.  Tried using the help line via computer, they are trying but getting no joy, bit hard from India I should imagine.  Been round in so many circles with BT since last December that I truly haven't a clue where I am with them.  I'm an ex sigs serviceman, with knobs on, so got a bit of an idea how signal paths are supposed to go.  Also did a Fibre Optics course years ago, forgotten most of it but still know enough to realise when something is wrong and not my fault.  I certainly recognise the fault as being at BTs Head End but can't get an acknowledgement from them that it needs sorting, they keep telling me everything is alright.  Any pointers on here how to get  this sorted?????   I'm already grey so don't know what the next step in derangement is.

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: BT Being absolutely hopeless

Go to solution

if you go to hub manager  do you see your phone number shown?  blue or greyed out?

if you dial 17070 what number is repeated to you?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution
Tells me I haven't a number. Went to quiet line test and it just goes quiet and keep repeating "Quiet Line Test". Trying to sort out where the "hub manager" is, not had to use this before from what I can remember.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

hub manager is found by entering 192.168.1.254 in your browser address bar

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution
All a bit beyond my payscale but I'll have a go at it. Cheers.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution
Found it and it's there in dark blue so assume it's ok there. Can phone out but can't get anything incoming, they go to my brother's home phone. Need BT but quickly, can't have the 40 minute wait for an answer on the blower, I'm going up the wall already.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution
Forgot to mention that I have all the blues on my hub and the Helix thing so seems alright there, just the incoming phone calls that are going haywire, which just tells me that it's head end where the problem lies, some engineer has got his wires wrong.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

Digital Voice is dealt with by the FTTP team.

They are on 0800 587 4787.

Sounds more like a network routing issue, perhaps they selected the wrong account, or there is a database error, especially if the surname is the same. Could also be human error.

If you call your mobile, what number is displayed?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution
Just caught up. My home phone number is displayed on the phone, outgoing doesn't seem to be the prob at the moment, it's the incoming via FTTP, just not happening. Agree it's a network thing, or head end problem as we called it way back when. It's getting BT to sort it that's the problem and getting them to admit something is wrong, totally wrong. Platitudes are not working for me now, I just want something sorted. Cheers.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

have you phoned the FTTP team as @Keith_Beddoe suggested