cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: BT Being absolutely hopeless

Go to solution
Another interesting thing just happened. Phoned my bro on my mobile and he had a phone call from Sky, who I have my TV with, yesterday and they thought they were talking to me but wouldn't tell him what phone number they were ringing in case he was an imposter. You couldn't make it up, but it's happening. Give me strength.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution
Just caught up, I'm about to do that. Cheers. Thanks VM for your input anyway. I'm sure we'll get there eventually but it's frustrating, and that's an understatement. Good day, have a good 'un.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution
Phoned as suggested. Cut off first time, went again. They're going to sort it tomorrow, never come across the problem before, jabber, jabber, jabber. Rap music whilst waiting for connections didn't help either, I'm 78 and not into that rhubarb. All in all a very frustrating experience and not my fault. No I didn't do "call divert", which seems to be their stock question. Why can't they just admit that they've cocked up and sort it???? Anyway thanks for your input fellahs and hope this time they will do what they say they're going to do instead of just fobbing me off with jibber jabber. Have a good 'un.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

Still no joy up to now this a.m.  Can't even test my phone myself as I don't want to keep disturbing my brother.  No emails from BT as they said they would.  I think me and BT are rapidly closing in on a migration code and I'll take them to court if they try and charge me for changing.  Getting really, really browned off.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

@S4Brains 

I am wondering if your number is actually a BT Retail number, have you always had that same number, or did you port it in from another provider?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

Only ever been with BT and the number has always been the same, more fool me.  No messages from them this morning, nothing.  I'm just going round in circles but I'll be onto them later after I've finished trying everything again  and it's no more Mr Niceguy.  Have a good 'un yourself.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

This has be be an incoming network routing issue. I have asked a moderator to see if they can investigate, or make sure the right people are dealing.

As your line is now digital, there will not be an option to return to a normal landline connection, no matter which provider you use, and you may not be able to keep your number.

There is no longer a migration process, that is dealt with by the new provider. I would advise you to stay with BT retail, to avoid any other issues. I am just a customer, and do not work for BT.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks Keith.  Been in touch with them again.  They said "call diversion" was in operation, something I've never done myself and when I looked at what I've got available it turns out I'm not down as the account holder anyway and couldn't call divert if I even wanted to.  Hopefully the lass I've  just been speaking to will get this sorted, got to wait for someone to contact me to cancel call diversion, which like I said I didn't put up in the first place.  Where they got our kid's number from I don't know, I don't even know it myself without looking it up in my book.  It's all so weird and it's only happened since we went digital on the phone.  I was in comms myself for 34 years and understand signal paths etc to a great degree, also did a Fibre Optics course a long time ago so the basics are no mystery to me that's for sure.  Thanks for your help and input anyway and hopefully I'm now on the road to system recovery.  Have a good 'un

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @S4Brains

I am sorry for the experience that you've had so far. I'm glad to see that we appear to have found the problem and are taking steps to fix it. If you get this sorted, or if you need any help from us, can you post back and let us know, please?

Also, thanks for flagging this to me @Keith_Beddoe 

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

Will do.    Still waiting for them to ring me on my mobile to tell me it's done.  Can't test the phone myself as I can't keep disturbing my brother whose number it's been diverted to.  Head still doing fast circuits over it all.  Cheers.