cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cameron13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: BT CALL PROTECT DOES NOT WORK ON FIBRE LANDLINE

that should be ONT optical network terminal of course not OFT...

0 Ratings
billyboy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Well done for raising this with Ofcom, since it is their job to ensure the service provided by BT and others is suitable for the use of customers. My phone and broadband were supplied by a BT copper connection before I transferred to a ftth connection and therefore the copper connection is still installed.  Do you know if I could ask BT to revert my phone connection to copper and then use Call Protect and just use fibre for broadband? Would there be a charge for this?

0 Ratings
billyboy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 24

Incidentally you can get call identification on a fibre line as I have it so you could use a call blocking phone but that is not the point.

0 Ratings
WM_Suffolk
Beginner
Message 14 of 24

Dear 'Recognised Expert' - the absence of call blocking on landlines provided over FTTP is a serious flaw, not made apparent by BT when I took the service. We would normally use our landline but have has to unplug it as a vulnerable family member became distressed at the very many scam calls we received (6 in two hours last Friday). BT advertise Call Protect as "free to all BT customers" which is a misrepresentation
0 Ratings
John100
Beginner
Message 15 of 24

I had the FTTP installed at the start of Jan 2021, including a land-line telephone service.

The fibre phone includes Call_Protect, and this works in a limited way ( as on the copper land-line) on the phone handset.

However, there seems to be no user interface on-line for Call_Protect management. I understand that this is something BT might be able to fix (it's just software), so I am awaiting their resolution.

0 Ratings
billyboy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 24

Are you saying that BT are now offering Call Protect to FTTP customers? If so, Ofcom will be pleased, as they have been engaged for some time in attempting to get BT to provide this facility to their FTTP customers and also to try to unblock the problem that is preventing most ISP's from being prepared to quote competitive prices for FTTP for what some BT employees describe as the budget end of the market (which is the bulk of the market!!)
0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 24

" also to try to unblock the problem that is preventing most ISP's from being prepared to quote competitive prices for FTTP"

Not BT's problem why it needs to be mentioned (quite frankly also what the heck are you on about?) I don't know

0 Ratings
billyboy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 24

If I have too spell it out for you I will. What I and Ofcom are going on about,is the current lack of competition to BT for " budget customers who are FTTP customers of BT !!!

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 24

@billyboy1wrote:

If I have too spell it out for you I will. What I and Ofcom are going on about,is the current lack of competition to BT for " budget customers who are FTTP customers of BT !!!

Can you spell it for me to please

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 24

Again how is that BT's fault? It's up to the other companies if they want to supply the service or not. If they're not does that not tell you something?

0 Ratings