cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Call Protect Issue with New BT Advanced Handset

Hi,

Really hope someone can help with this as I'm completely baffled. Will try to be as brief and as detailed as possible.

Had my phone line switched over a few weeks back and received a new advanced handset (not the Alexa one). I currently have two BT Premium phones, and as a consequence I needed to plug one into the back of my router so it would continue to work. I then set up the new phone by connecting it to the router, added my numbers in and all seemed well.

However I have an odd issue. I currently use BT Call Protect and it has worked fine until this new setup. What happens now though is when an unknown number rings me, my new Advanced handset does one ring and then the BT Call Protect kicks in. The other phones remain silent - as they always have.

When the announced call comes through though, only the two old Premium phones ring. The new phone will not, and therefore I can only answer the call on the Premium phones.

I hope this makes sense. And despite messing about with all the settings, turning Protect on and off etc, unplugging etc. the problem persists and I cannot get the new phone to ring. Aside from this immediate one ring and then off.

Has anyone else encountered this at all? I'd be very grateful if anyone can offer a solution.

Many Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Call Protect Issue with New BT Advanced Handset

Anyone have any idea at all? Or even heard of this before?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi Guys. Please, is it anyone at all able to help with this? I can't be the only person surely whose experiencing this problem? No-one at BT has an answer. No-one anywhere it seems.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

From a technical perspective the behaviour you are seeing makes sense as the digital voice phones connect to the Smart Hub and not the base station of the old phones that had call guard that announces unknown callers.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

So you have 1 x Digital Voice Advanced handset that came with the new hub and doesn't require to be plugged into the hub?

Does that operate correctly with Call Protect when nothing is plugged into the hub? Do the old DECT telephones work correctly when the DV telephone is completely turned off?

If it does you may have to stop using the other phones as there may be a clash.

There's 2 technologies (DECT and non DECT) being used and you may have to choose the one you prefer.

0 Ratings