cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT Digital Voice HD phone + Smart 2 = Landline unable to make or receive calls.

I had optic fibre set up 2 weeks ago with a Smart 2 and a digital phone. The phone register's fine, but then fails to connect with the hub. The message on the screen reads unable to make or receive calls. I have spoken to BT but they can't quite work it out yet. In the meantime does anyone have experience with this issue and what did you do to resolve it? Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Digital Voice HD phone + Smart 2 = Landline unable to make or receive calls.

if you go to hub manager - enter 192.168.01.254 into your browser address bar and can you see your phone number?  is it blue or greyed out?   if grey try selecting and then reset base station and see if that clears problems.  if not possible a hub reset would be next

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Re: BT Digital Voice HD phone + Smart 2 = Landline unable to make or receive calls.

Hi, many thanks for response. I have reset the base station and the hub  - still the same. On the Smart Hub 2 Manager board the status of the phone is greyed out and says 'Not configured'. The phone has no link to the internet via the hub, just will not find it. Really frustrating, Any more trouble shooting recommendations welcome, and thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

did you try a factory reset of hub by pressing the recessed button on back and holding until lights flash?  remember after this you need to turn off smart setup in the hub manager

if still nothing then phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Yep. Just tried the factory reset and smart up as you suggested still nothing. Many thanks anyway. I will post any solution I find at a later date. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

@PABkawrote:

The phone register's fine, but then fails to connect with the hub. 

Any help here?

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--how-do-i-set-up-my-service- 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Many thanks i will read through.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Same here, did you get it sorted? And if so how?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

hi, no still unresolved. I called BT (0800 800150) and they are sending me a new hub (possibly a hardware problem), expecting a callback from an advisor. Been without a landline for 2 weeks now. I will update here when (if ) the problem is resolved. Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@PABka 

did you try calling FTTP TEAM as I suggested rather then 150

0 Ratings