cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 27

Re: BT Digital Voice Problems

Sorry I don’t think the phone I received  is duff. Instead, I believe the stylist of phone has sacrificed sound quality for external shape and ascetic appearance. The quality of the speaker could also be questioned.

I would be happy to be proved wrong, however, I’m not the only person that has questioned the HD sound quality. There are numerous threads posted over the last couple of years, all more or less saying the same.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 27

@MarcusSixtyOne wrote:

Instead, I believe the stylist of phone has sacrificed sound quality for external shape and ascetic appearance. The quality of the speaker could also be questioned.

How then is it that other handsets of identical design and construction (mine for example) are crystal clear?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 23 of 27

@MarcusSixtyOne can you link to these 'numerous' threads regarding  voice quality of DV phones?

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 27

I’m not sure how to link other threads… I simply searched Google for similar respondents within the community and looked at them in turn. It would be really good to link them together as most are talking about the same problem with the new digital phone.

There must be a whole load of new broken phones out there, being delivered to unsuspecting customers.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 27

I have to say that my experience is much the same as that of Tina and Marcus. I'm using a pair of "essential" digital voice handsets not the "advanced one" with poor old Alexa built in, and also an adapter for my wife's care alarm. (The problems I had in ever getting BT to send the handsets they promised free is another story!). If it wasn't for our current care alarm I would certainly go for a broadband only setup in future. I was informed  of the switchover not invited to opt for it. The advertising was hyped-up and inaccurate. The hassle was considerable. The quality is worse than with my old phones. However I ditched these because the hub is in a large cupboard where the central ethernet ports are located and I don't want my home phone in a cupboard thanks very much! Just a great disappointment and a complete waste of time. Why should anyone want an expensive  "landline" now? PS Now the phone rings it broadcasts on the care alarm too. Super! ALEXA - switch it off please.......

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 27

After having cracking issues with my old DECT phones connected with a DV adaptor BT sent me a set of 2 DV essential handsets. I set them up today and the call quality is terrible. The one downstairs is so muffled and quiet and the one upstairs still has the crackle I had with my DECT handsets. Anyone had any success with BT? I am really disappointed by this new services that’s badged as giving you crystal clear calls… 

Message 27 of 27

@Neilyboy72wrote:

After having cracking issues with my old DECT phones connected with a DV adaptor BT sent me a set of 2 DV essential handsets. I set them up today and the call quality is terrible. The one downstairs is so muffled and quiet and the one upstairs still has the crackle I had with my DECT handsets. Anyone had any success with BT? I am really disappointed by this new services that’s badged as giving you crystal clear calls… 

In the 3 years that I've had DV I've never had an issue with call quality, people miss the point that it's dependant on the source/destination. It used to be advertised that with DV you could get HD call quality IF the source was from BT/EE, I assume this is still the case.

If HD does not appear on the display then it's not 'HD'. I have the essential handsets and if I get a call from an EE mobile for example, HD appears and the call quality is excellent. If it's not a HD call then the quality is at least equal to what I used to get previously. I'm not sure what people are expecting or why, but call quality will be limited by the lowest.