cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 37

Re: BT Digital Voice: UPS and Other Questions

@Paul608085  I had a week or so final notice and the switch was made without fuss three months after the initial contact. 

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 37

@Bob1001 

To clarify, you did not request to be migrated to Digital Voice, and from the very first contact from BT advising that it would be happening "soon" to the day you were actually moved over to DV was only 2 days?

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 37

@Paul608085  Although I knew it was going to happen sometime due to  news articles there were  only two days notice I did get any "Soon" notice just one giving the change over date 2 days hence several follow up text since but nothing useful. Extract below from email.

"Hello Robert,

We're moving you on to our Digital Voice service. It should start within 48 hours of 10 Mar 2022.

Even though your phone service is changing to Digital Voice, your phone number and contract will stay the same."

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 37

@Bob1001 

That is not a lot of time to prepare is it? There was a lot of potential there for leaving people without landline telephone service.

Were the news articles that you mentioned in local press that the general public would normally see, or more technical sources because you have an interest?

The 3 months that @Tom20001 mentioned is more what I was expecting.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 37

@gg30340 

Can you confirm this point please:

"The free "Advanced" handset works along side any phone that is plugged into the hub. That is what I have done. I have my base station plugged into the hub, a wireless paired phone upstairs in a bedroom and the BT "Advance" phone which connects wirelessly to the hub, in the hall way."

This is the first review of the Advanced handset that comes up via the link you gave previously - it says that it has to be either wireless, (BT Advanced handset), or corded - which is effectively what your cordless phone base station is:

Paul608085_1-1647776918102.png

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 37

@Paul608085  I think it was "moneysavingexpert" although I did also get an email from "Which" trying to sell a subscription where it mentioned DV. I found a link to the "monesavingexpert" one dated 12th August 2021 but BT will not allow me to post a link.

There could have been other sources BBC, ITV etc but if so I can't recall them.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 37

I have fully explained what telephones I have and how they are connected and used.

0 Ratings