cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Digital Voice

Go to solution

Hi, I have received confirmation my landline is going to be migrated from PSTN. I read that you can order an adapter which will allow your existing phones to work.

Can anyone in the forum advise if cordless phones will still work. I have 2 sets of Dect phones (base station plus 2 wireless making a total of 6 instruments), will all phones works if each base station is connected to an adapter

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Digital Voice

Go to solution

@niagh01 

Yes, you can either plug them into the adapter, or plug them into the phone socket on the back of the BT Smart Hub 2, whichever is more convenient.

If your Smart Hub 2 is near your existing phone socket, then that would be the easiest point to use.

You can use just one adapter if you wish, and connect all the base units to that, if its easier.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Keith, thanks for the prompt reply, when you mention you can plug the base station in to the back of the Home Hub 2, my connection from the base station has the plug which would have fitted into the NTE5A  socket. I cant see a port in the Hub 2 to allow this connection.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

if you have the SH2 then remove the sticker on back for digital voice only and then connect there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@niagh01 wrote:

Hi Keith, thanks for the prompt reply, when you mention you can plug the base station in to the back of the Home Hub 2, my connection from the base station has the plug which would have fitted into the NTE5A  socket. I cant see a port in the Hub 2 to allow this connection.

Its the green socket, remove any sticker. You must have the Smart Hub 2, to get Digital Voice, as that has the base station inside.

Capture.JPG

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Hi Keith, I took a closer look, and yes mine was covered with black tape, I had not spotted it previously. Thanks for your help
0 Ratings