cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 28

Re: BT Digital Voice

Go to solution
kl227 and others, please don't worry too much about the switch to Digital Voice. Too much scaremongering being posted by folk who won't accept that things do change over time want to live in the past. TV moved to the digital platform over a scheduled period and we've come to live with it/love the benefits that it now offers. There are additional benefits that come with DV at no extra cost but those who scream about perceived disadvantages are largely silent on those.
Message 12 of 28

Go to solution

Despite all the moans and groans, BT are actually making the switch off of the PSTN much easier for their customers than some providers. They are incorporating the VOIP system directly into the Home Hub, providing compatible handsets and the ability to plug in an analogue phone if required. For most users this will be an extremely straightforward transition.

Other providers will just leave it to the customer to arrange their own VOIP arrangements such as a softphone using a PC or providing their own ATA to connect an analogue handset.

Message 13 of 28

Go to solution

Just wanted to update on my previous posts regarding the dialler on my alarm system.  I got an adapter from BT as suggested and plugged my dialler into that and hey presto all is working perfectly again.  Thank you so much for your advice.

Message 14 of 28

Go to solution

Thanks for letting us know you got this sorted @kl227 and thanks also to all the members who posted advice on the thread.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 28

Go to solution

What was the adapter you got? Looks like I will need the same

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 28

Go to solution

It was the one that is supplied by BT to use with phones that are not digital voice compatible.   BT were adamant with me when I called them that it would not work with my alarm and wouldn’t send one but it did work straight away. I ordered it online at BT and it was free.  I have a plug socket next to my alarm panel so I plugged it in there and plugged the alarm into the adapter and works perfectly.  Hope that helps

Message 17 of 28

Go to solution

@kl227  The only downside for alarm systems is that you need battery backup for both the hub and the adapter otherwise if you get a mains failure you lose the alarm if both don't have battery back up, more complicated to provide for the adapter as it would need to be a seperate UPS, BT do have one for hubs if you can convince them to provide one.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 28

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 28

Go to solution

@James770 

have you tried phoning CS 03301234150 and see if they will provide an adapter free as you have been moved to DV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 20 of 28

Go to solution

Hi I received the adapter this morning to hopefully get my home alarm sorted, but has made no difference. Mine is a Visonic hard wired system. Can I ask if yours was the same? 

0 Ratings