cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arrallas
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Digital voice with Netgear Orbi

I have had BT FTTP for a couple of years now and have never used the BT router. I have a Netgear Orbi mesh setup, which works beautifully throughout the property. All of my neighbours (I'm in the middle of a row of 5) have been contacted about Digital Voice and have changed over. Perhaps I have been missed out because I don't use the Smart Hub? Anyway, my question is, how can I continue to use my Orbi setup? Will I have to connect them via the BT router, as the Orbi doesn't have a phone socket, or is there a better way?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Digital voice with Netgear Orbi

Unless you actually require a voice service, continue as you are. If you are converted to Digital Voice, your voice service will only work with the BT hub.

0 Ratings
stevebrass
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Digital voice with Netgear Orbi

Yep, you'll need to use the BT Hub to use BT Digital Voice. I've run a Netgear Orbi mesh via the BT Hub on FTTP with no problems. Just another box to gather dust!

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings