cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT Engineer didn't come to home

Hi,

• BT arranged for an engineer to visit our home today between 8am - 1pm to install landline for phone line and broadband. The engineer should've come to here already by 1 pm but nobody came and nobody called us. BT contact telephone number also is very busy and nobody answering for our request. After waiting a long time the contract numbers goes off instantly.  In this situation tbh I don't know what should I do. If you have any advice would really appreciate. Many thanks
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Engineer didn't come to home

@alititiz 

Do you already have a master phone socket fitted?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

No I don't

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@alititiz wrote:

No I don't

So are you in a new build property then?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

No this isn't a new built property and we have some sockets at home. We actually moved here recently and I tried to connect the hub and this sockets but the sockets didn't work. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

@alititiz wrote:

No this isn't a new built property and we have some sockets at home. We actually moved here recently and I tried to connect the hub and this sockets but the sockets didn't work. 

Because Openreach would have a record of an existing line, then they would not normally visit unless the service does not work once activation has taken place. Phone and broadband are self install, unless there is no record of any existing routing.

Have BT Retail said that your service has now been activated?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

No they haven't said that my service is activated. But we haven't received the phone also. In the order tracking page there is an indication that the engineer should've visit us today between 8 am and 1 pm but nobody has come yet. Also, I've got two emails from BT yesterday that said the engineer visit will be tomorrow and the details of visiting.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@alititiz wrote:

No they haven't said that my service is activated. But we haven't received the phone also. In the order tracking page there is an indication that the engineer should've visit us today between 8 am and 1 pm but nobody has come yet. Also, I've got two emails from BT yesterday that said the engineer visit will be tomorrow and the details of visiting.

If Openreach are coming tomorrow, then they may have found an issue with the routing.

There is nothing you can do until BT have said your service has been activated. Until that time, there is no point in checking for dial tone on the phone, or expecting broadband to work.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Ok, thank you. In this case there is nothing to do other than waiting.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Do yòu have a master socket like one of these

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings