Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Perquista
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Overhead Phoneline - Problem with Line snagging on Tree

Can anyone help please?

I've spent over an hour today trying to get help from BT and OpenReach with no joy whatsoever.

In the first instance, I contacted BT via their online chat system to explain that my landline and broadband were cutting out as the BT overhead phoneline was rubbing and snagging on a tree branch across the main road.  The tree does not belong to any property (I'm a lone property in the countryside) and the tree is situated amongst hedgerow.  I was given a number and asked to telephone OpenReach.  I did this and OpenReach informed me that they will only come out under instruction from BT.

So, back to BT where, in total, I spoke to another three representatives - getting disconnected everytime because of the line/tree issue.  Despite giving my mobile number - noone has called me back to confirm that an engineer has been arranged.

I have no clue what to do next.  I have raised a complaint due to the content of the last online chat conversation but I'm no further forward and my broadband and landline are still pretty hit and miss with regard to service.

Can anyone suggest who I can contact/call?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
PaddyB
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Overhead Phoneline - Problem with Line snagging on Tree

Hi @Perquista,

I'm sorry to read about the difficulties you have had in getting your service repaired. I'll be able to help you with your complaint.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Perquista
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Overhead Phoneline - Problem with Line snagging on Tree

Thank you Paddy.  I have now sent this.

0 Ratings