cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

BT Premium Phone with trueCall on Digital Voice

Hi

Before we moved house, we had a BT Premium Phone with trueCall virtual assistance which announced all unknown calls and gave me the option of accepting the call or rejecting it.

We then moved house to a house with full fibre.  BT sent 2 new phones for the digital voice.  However the 2 phones BT send do not have the truCall.  The call control is limited and the trueCall virtual assistance is not enabled on the new phones.  I've spoken to many BT people about this, but no-one seems to know what to do.

Questions : will my BT premium phone work on digital voice?  If so, how do I set this up such that trueCall virtual assistance is working?  If the BT premium phone does not work, then what phones are compatible with both truCall virtual assistance AND digital voice.

Thanks

Giles

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Premium Phone with trueCall on Digital Voice

This is, as far as I know, an issue with VOIP.

Down the line there are possible measures that could help somewhat?

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Hi @giles2   You need the Digital Voice Adapter, then continue to use your Premium Phones. The digital voice phones will be redundant. https://www.bt.com/help/user-guides/phones/digital-voice/digital-voice-adapter

Message 4 of 13

have you tried connecting you existing phone to the phone socket on back of SH2 probably covered by a sticker saying digital voice and see if that works

you can also get an adapter which you  connect to electrical socket which connects to SH2 and will enable to you connect your existing phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 13

I like the adaptor etc and will remember them although FTTP is only a dream here in Cheltenham.

I was referring to an article that mentioned the ability of BT to 'screen out' spoofed numbers when all are on VOIP?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

I am in exactly the same position.

To put it briefly I made sure call protect was on.  I had 3 spams calls day one but they have now stopped.  It may be that call protect is able to do the same job as truecall did for me for years.

You can use an adaper and have your own phone as the main phone.  you can also use new digital voice phones in conjunction connected to the hub but they would need their ringer set to silent otherwise they still ring when truecall phone is dealing with a spam call.

If I find that the spam calls start again I will be looking for a truecall digital voice phone.  So far it doesnt exist unfortunately.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Trouble I am finding is that truecall only works on the main phone.  Going to get a dedicated Truecall Secure device and plug that into the phone jack on the router and some Digital Voice Adapters for 3 Decor 2200 phones along with 3 old ADSL type microfilters to go between the Digital Voice adapters and the 3 phones.

I was finding that the main phone with truecall enabled on it, A decor 2600, would pick up a call (All phones ring once) then caller would give name and only the Decor 2600 phone would ring, the two  essential phones BT supplied will not ring out!!! On both multi line and single line mode these two essential phones will not pick up the phone that is ringing which would be upstairs, with the essentials downstairs.

This is not going to be much good if I cannot get this to work as this VOIP thing is not fit for purpose and would want my old BT copper phone line back in with an extension put in upstairs. But will keep the FTTP

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Reverting to a copper phone line is no longer an option as the analogue phone network is closing down.

The only solution is not to use the BT supplied phones, and to connect the Truecall unit to the socket on the home hub. Then link the Truecall socket to the existing internal phone wiring at the point nearest to to home hub.

The DV adapters are not going to be any help.

You can get a double ended phone lead like this.

Keith_Beddoe_0-1622464700397.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

That would work for one phone upstairs, but then how do I go about getting the second and third phone plugged in downstairs without a Digital Voice Adapter?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

You would have to link all the extension sockets together. Most houses already have phone extension wiring in place, even on new builds the developer normally provides phone sockets linked together.

The DV adapters will not "see" the Truecall unit as they connect directly to the home hub base station, so they are not the solution.