cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT advanced digital phone with Alexa

Go to solution

Well I have received my new BT Advanced with Alexa handset with three basic handsets as extras, don't seem too bad, when I get switched. looks like you cant replace batteries when they go, but of course I could be wrong.

I am going to have to find some way of attaching the base to side table or it will be going everywhere.

What I am going to miss.

Calling 999 when power goes/Broadband down

Being able to contact BT when broadband goes down

I have extended ringers as I am a bi deaf . if I buy the adapter for HUB can I still get these working

Now see why they are promoting the ee link so you can maintain telephone service.

Decided all in all not very happy about change.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

@VeteranISPUser  It works. It doesn't clash with Alexa because the Alexa bit relies on the contacts stored within the Alexa app on a mobile phone and doesn't display them on the handset, strictly voice control only.

I had to edit the vcf file from Google contacts to replace + with 00

Samsung contacts has a vcf export but half my contacts didn't show after importing. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Another note. There seem to be two very different versions of the essential phone. One has x42 firmware and the other has v3. The x42 display is only lit from the top. The v3 is evenly lit. The v3 is much much faster at syncing the phonebook. The x42 has a better speakerphone. Battery is much poorer on the v3.

Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

I must have the v3 then, as I've seen the online reviews saying that the handset had an impressive  240 hours on standby. Well I've had mine a few days now and so fave have only managed 90 hours on standby.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Can the Alexa Advanced Digital Phones be used without the SH2 by using another DECT Base station.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

You have already asked that question on a different thread, please don't post the same question on multiple threads it just causes confusion.

The answer is no.

0 Ratings