cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

BT advanced digital phone with Alexa

Go to solution

How on earth do you get hold of one of these phones? I thought I read that you got one free if you upgrade to pay as you go? They don’t seem to exist anywhere in BT shop, Google or anywhere else, other than instructions on their use!

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT advanced digital phone with Alexa

Go to solution

@Joy5 wrote:

How on earth do you get hold of one of these phones? I thought I read that you got one free if you upgrade to pay as you go? They don’t seem to exist anywhere in BT shop, Google or anywhere else, other than instructions on their use!

They are provided as an option, only with BT Digital Voice.

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice-phones

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution
I have a digital line - into the modem. Is that digital voice?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

By modem do you mean open reach ONT or the BT SH2?  DV requires you to use the SH2 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
Think I meant router! BT smart hub 2
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

If you have to SH2 then go to hub manager 192.168.1.254 into address bar. Can you see your phone number and if so is it blue or greyed out? 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
It’s blue
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

yes you are now on DV  you can connect your previous phone to the phone socket on back of SH2 - you may need to remove the sticker

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution
Yes I’ve already done that - I was asking (original post) how you get hold of BT digital advanced phone with Alexa!
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

@Joy5 wrote:
Yes I’ve already done that - I was asking (original post) how you get hold of BT digital advanced phone with Alexa!

You should have been offered one, as an alternative to the two basic DV phones or a DV adapter. @imjolly  knows more about these things.