cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

BT analogue phone service not recognised, etc.

My BT full fibre ISP (no Digital Voice) was activated by Openreach on Wednesday 27 October 2021, but now, somehow my BT analogue phone service is not recognised.  Unable to ring 0800 800 150 to get BT assistance. 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL says my BT analogue phone number status is "There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line." 

BT Sales opened a complaint for me on 04 Oct 2021 at 13:25 because unable to place Full Fibre order using BT webpage. The BT full fibre ISP (no Digital Voice) order is a mess and I am unable to ring 0800 800 150 to get BT assistance.  

Finding it really difficult to get appropriate assistance from my updated BT Complaint. 

Have now asked for BT deadlock letter so that this problem is referred to the Ombudsman. 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: BT analogue phone service not recognised, etc.

@crimsom 

If you are on FTTP, then its likely your analogue phone number has been ceased, as all new phone provisions would be using BT Digital Voice, assuming you still wanted to keep your phone number.

The checker would only use the analogue phone numbers recognised by Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

As @Keith_Beddoe  says, it's likely that your analogue number has been ceased, click on this link and see if your phone number is on the top line.

Basic - Phone

Message 4 of 21

do you have FTTP from BT RETAIL? if so are you using a SH2

once you move to DV then your phone number will no longer work when trying to use the dslchecker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Hi @Les-Gibson  thank you for the link. My phone number is on the top line. Do not know how to get BT analogue phone to work again. Digital Voice is just too expensive. When ordering, made it clear, no BT Digital Voice (retain analogue phone). Kind regards. 

My BT Phone.jpg 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

@crimsom 

Plug your analogue phone into the phone socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2, and it should work as normal, that is an analogue port. Its shown in green below. There is no need to use any BT Digital handsets.

Keith_Beddoe_0-1634296339054.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

Hi @Keith_Beddoe  please do not take this the wrong way. I still have copper master socket connected to FTTC with dial tone. I do not want the expensive FTTP Digital Voice. 

Is plugging my analogue phone into BT Smart Hub 2 port accepting incorrect FTTP Digital Voice order? 

Kind regards. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

The fact that your number is showing on the home hub, means that your phone service is now carried over Digital Voice. Your old copper landline would now be a stopped line.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Hi @Keith_Beddoe  this is not what was ordered.

So it is recommended that BT full fibre ISP order is terminated asap? 

On brownfield housing estates, such as mine, Openreach are mandated to retain copper wire phones long after 2026, until such a time that 80% of the housing estate is using fibre phones. By which time Health and Safety regulations will make it illegal for ISPs to provide fibre phones that do not work during a power cut. 

The visiting Openreach engineers tell me that my brownfield housing estate will have copper wire phones working for more than another 30 years. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

@crimsom wrote:

Hi @Keith_Beddoe  this is not what was ordered.

So it is recommended that BT full fibre ISP order is terminated asap?

It will make no difference, there are no new broadband and phone services being provided over the copper connection back to the exchange, as the exchange equipment is in the process of being turned off. The copper wire will still be there, but there will be nothing on the end.

That applies to all providers that use the Openreach network.