cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT call protect and it's ineffectiveness against VOIP callers

Hi

I am pretty close to switching away from BT. I pay for a service that works but I did not pay to be constantly called up from scammers in India. BT call protect is useless as the scammers use different numbers every time.

Is there an option to permanently block all calls from all VOIP providers in the same way as international calls (that is what the scammers use)?

If there is not such an option then I'll move away from BT

Roger

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT call protect and it's ineffectiveness against VOIP callers

looks like you are moving then as I can see that option on my digital voice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@rogerallen wrote:

Hi

I am pretty close to switching away from BT. I pay for a service that works but I did not pay to be constantly called up from scammers in India. BT call protect is useless as the scammers use different numbers every time.

Roger

The only effective solution is a call blocking phone like the BT4600.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

This subject has been discussed at length elsewhere.    To reiterate and summarise:  there is absolutely no infallibly effective way for any network to block scammers,  regardless of where they're from  ( or appear to be from )  or whether or not they use VOIP.    The BT4600 is,  as stated,  an effective solution,  if you like that phone.    If,  like me,  you use the phone quite a lot,  you may well have specific preferences as to what kind of phone you do or don't like to use.    If,  like me,  you happen to have a preference for the old-school  ( very old-school )  types of telephone,  there is no choice but to take what precautions can be taken,  and deal with whatever scammers do get through as you see fit.    To be clear,  though,  although I'm not one of BT's biggest fans,  I can tell you that switching providers absolutely will not solve your problem,  no matter who you switch to or what claims they make.

Message 5 of 6

@rogerallen wrote:

If there is not such an option then I'll move away from BT

Frying pan to fire, as indicated by @Firefox1701 .

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 6 of 6

Deleted

0 Ratings