cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT ceased my service by mistake

BT were trying to change my tariff and move me to digital voice. After 2 weeks of emails and texts from them urging me to replace my Hub6 with  a newly received SmartHub2 and prepare for digital voice they have ceased my landline and broadband service by mistake and refunded my newly paid line rental saver. They'll try and raise a new service order next week but it'll be for a new number and another new hub!! I want my old service back, I've had the number for nearly 40 years. What the heck has happened to the BT order system to allow this disaster to happen and not be immediately restored. I'm going to be without any form of service for at least a week; I'm 76 years old and I certainly don't need this unnecessary hassle. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT ceased my service by mistake

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi @knf and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry to hear you've been disconnect in error. That really shouldn't happen. Once the new order is placed an expedite should be requested to get you connected as soon as possible. Once the line is up and running we should be able to try and renumber that back to the original. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Is all gone from bad to worse. BT advisors have tried on several occasions to raise orders to restore my service, all have been auto cancelled. I'm still out of service since the BT mistake began on 4 March. Most recently a BT advisor created a new account to provide me service as "a new customer" but again the provision order raised has been auto cancelled. There's a succession of SmartHub2's and Digital Voice phones on the way to me. "Line rental saver" paid, refunded and paid again. BT demand for £260 early cessation of service charge. BT customer service has reached an all time low, promised phone calls don't happen and I'm no nearer getting by service restored. I believe that it needs BT to actually speak to Openreach. How do I get a resolution to this BT made disaster.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I have asked forum mods to see if they can help your as you are not making any progress

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @knf, sorry that you've had to post back as you've not made any headway. 

Have the Fibre To The Premises (FTTP) team replaced the order for you or said when they'll do this?

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Don't worry too much, BT lost my number once as someone had placed cease order on the line in error and they reconnected everything with a new number but told me I would get my number back and I got it back after about a week.

Round that time, I saw in the small print (Terms and conditions) that compensation is given if BT disconnect your service in error.

If they get your number back but on Digital Voice, would you be OK with that or are you still looking to get the copper line back?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hello David, the saga continues. The disruption and the disasters which started on 4 March still haven't been fully resolved. The 'My BT' not working has been looked at by BT in Cardiff a few times but promised phone back last Wednesday (8th June) didn't happen. I'm paying for an incomplete service. Until 'My BT' works I cannot see my bills, view and manage my products, re-instate BT virus protect. It's been over 3 months of disruption caused by BT disconnecting me by mistake. Please help me. Regards, Kevin

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @knf

Thanks for posting back!

I am sorry to see all the problems you've been having since the beginning of March.  I'll let my colleague who is dealing with your complaint know that you've posted back.  They'll give you a shout again at the start of next week and iron the rest of these issues out.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings