cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT digital voice 'ghost calls'

New BT total fibre & digital voice user.
I have two BT digital voice phones (came with the router) plus my existing Gigaset DECT phones, with the base station plugged into the router. I have had two occurrences of what I think my be a bug in the software.

Both times, a number of minutes after a missed call, the BT phones ring showing the recent caller number but I can't answer it. While the BT phone is ringing, I can use my old DECT phone and get a dial tone so there really isn't anyone calling. Only option is to ignore or reject the call.

The DECT phones don't ring, as there really is no-one calling.

This looks to me like a bug in the phone software that re-tries to connect a call that previously wasn't answered, even though the user hung up many minutes ago. Anyone else seen this issue?  More importantly, any way to stop it?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT digital voice 'ghost calls'

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

try going to settings then call setting and turning multi to single   covered in FAQ

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi, Many thanks for the idea. I've made the change so will see if that sorts it out, though don't understand why as that setting is all about handling 2 simultaneous incoming calls as this is occurring some time after the original missed call when nobody is using any of the phones. But worth a try!

0 Ratings