cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT digital voice handsets

Go to solution

Hopefully a simple question.

I have been migrated to BT Digital Voice and I have a BT "Advanced Digital home phone" and a BT "Essential Digital home phone".

Simple question  - how do I lock the keypad on both of these devices? 

I walk around the house/garden with the phone in my pocket and the keypad keeps activating, previous DECT phones I have owned had a key combination to lock the keypad to avoid inadvertent key presses?

Many thanks for your help

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT digital voice handsets

Go to solution

There is no keypad lock

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for your prompt reply - thats a shame, pretty basic function of most portable phones I would have said.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Kevyn wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply - thats a shame, pretty basic function of most portable phones I would have said.

It may not be documented, but have you tried holding down the # key for a couple of seconds, as that works on other BT models?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

thanks - just tried on the digital advanced handset and didn't work, worth trying though.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

On the Advanced Digital Home Phone there is a sort-of lock. With the display lit up and idle, press the key below 'Menu' momentarily. 'Call Features' appearswith a handset, key with a circle round them.  That's it. Unfortunately putting it in my pocket inevitably touches one of the keys that can unlock it! 

Why didn't BT didn't stick to  a locking method used on other cordless phones...? 

Incidentally I found this by pressing buttons - not in any instructions. 

0 Ratings