cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magnify
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT have my address wrong

My address is registered with Royal Mail. BT do not have it. They are going to send new kit to the wrong address. I have explained all this twice and what my actual address is. Their last advice is to use their delivery notification email to advise Royal Mail of the correct address. There is nowhere I can see to do this! Can anyone help?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Gwyndy
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT have my address wrong

I can't answer your immediate question but I can tell you that it took me about 5 years to get BT to recognise that they were holding a wrong address for me on one of their systems. Equipment was often delivered to a wrong address and engineers would phone to find out where I actually lived! Billing address and phone number were correct but the installation address was wrong by around 3 miles! BT blamed the migration of old IT systems to new but couldn't find a way to correct matters despite repeatedly assuring me that this had been done.

A polite, but very firm, email to the CEO eventually resulted in correction of the error as the matter was handled by the 'Executive Complaints Office' (or something like that).

The message is - 'be persistent'. Good luck!

0 Ratings
Kochanski99
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

BT, in my case were rubbish at this. We had an upgrade of Broadband to fast fibre and they would not upgrade because they held the wrong postcode. After several phone calls, they FINALLY accepted that the Royal Mail database was correct. They changed the postcode, upgraded to fast fibre, then send me several messages saying I could now upgrade to fast fibre. They had no problem over the last twenty years accepting my payment address. Good luck with it!

0 Ratings
Kochanski99
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

PS. Ask them to escalate it to a higher level team.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 7

Hi @magnify welcome to the forum and sorry that your address record is not correct. 
Do you have an active telephone line with BT or do you have your telephone service provided via Fibre To The Premises broadband?
Is your address record correct on the Royal Mail website?

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
Kochanski99
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Read my email carefully. You will see everything is now corrected so your email is completely wrong in every respect.
0 Ratings
magnify
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

My address appears on the Royal Mail database

I have recently moved in and was attempting to take over the current setup. The CS rep was unable to find the address,.  I didn't realise, until I got the order acknowledgement, that I had been assigned this address in spite of my explanation. I will now have to approach the owner of this house and request them to take receipt of the equipment - embarassing and difficult in these Covid times.

The current setup is described as Fibre Essential.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings