Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliRay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

BT landline rejects my BT mobile calls

Go to solution

Hi, for some unknown reason my BT landline has started rejecting calls from my BT mobile.  There has been no change in settings on either phone, calling home from my mobile up until yesterday has not been an issue.  I've been a customer for 17 months.  Any advice welcome

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
JohnC2
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT landline rejects my BT mobile calls

Go to solution

Hi @AliRay is this only affecting calls from your mobile? Do you have Call Protect? or a blocking mechanism on your landline phone that may have been set up?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
AliRay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution
Hi John,
Yes, it's just my mobile, I've checked call blocking/protect, although I've not changed any of these settings since moving to BT. I've deleted contact details in both phones and re entered them, but the landline is still rejecting calls from my mobile. Both phones will accept and make calls. My mobile is on the VIP list on my landline.
cheers
Ray
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

@AliRay, thanks for clarifying that, do you hear a message when you call? What type of phone do you have? It sounds like its might be the landline phone handset rejecting the call rather than the landline itself. 

0 Ratings
AliRay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
Hi. My mobile shows dialing, what appears to be one ring then call ended. The landline doesn't ring but does register a missed call (or a rejected call) It just seems odd to suddenly reject calls from a mobile that worked previously. BT know I'm leaving for another provider next month, do you think it's sabotage 🤣
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @AliRay, I can guarantee you it's not been sabotaged Smiley Happy Do you have an old landline phone or can you borrow one to connect to see if it rings when you call from your mobile? That would help us determine if its a network problem or the phone itself. 

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @AliRay ,

Can you receive calls from other mobiles ?

0 Ratings
AliRay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
Hi, yes. Tried 2 other mobiles, they worked ok.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

@AliRaywrote:
Hi, yes. Tried 2 other mobiles, they worked ok.

OK.  I take it you have no problem ringing other numbers than your landline ?

0 Ratings
AliRay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
Hi, tried another phone, same issue. I can call my mobile from the land line, but can't call my landline from my mobile. So outgoing calls, no issue on either phone except mobile to landline, no issue with incoming calls except mobile to landline. I'll try without the ADSL filter thingy later.
Utterly confused. Mobile is a Blackview P10000, great phone, never any problems til this.
0 Ratings