cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

BT sometime using out of date email address

Go to solution

I updated my BT account to use a new email address and mobile number a few months ago. The Billing emails are going to the correct email address but the ones concerning orders and offers are still going to the old email address, which is largely unmonitored. As is the old mobile.

This meant that I received no notification about the update of my digital phone service - and no instructions!

Please help!

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT sometime using out of date email address

Go to solution

@OldLady75 wrote:

This meant that I received no notification about the update of my digital phone service - and no instructions!

Please help!

See  https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for the Digital Voice info - But what I really need is to have my BT account amended to ALWAYS use the correct email address!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

@OldLady75 wrote:

Thanks for the Digital Voice info - But what I really need is to have my BT account amended to ALWAYS use the correct email address!

You should be able to change that by amending your MyBT profile.

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/manage-account/how-can-i-change-my-bt-contact-details-in...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply - BUT that is exactly what I did to change my email! However there must be somewhere else in the BT system where orders and offers are still using the old email and mobile number.

The billing emails come to the correct email address.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

I will see if a moderator can help with this.

Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you very much. It's causing a bit of stress!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

@OldLady75 wrote:

Thank you very much. It's causing a bit of stress!

The moderators are base in NI, so there may be a delay in them posting here because of the weather, but they will help when they can.

Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Understood - and thanks again for your help

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Good morning @OldLady75,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry that the email address hasn't updated everywhere on your account. I know what needs to be done, at our end, so I'll send you a private message so we can get started.

@Keith_Beddoe thanks for flagging this to me. There is some snow over here but thankfully I'm only a 5 minute drive away 😊

Thanks
DanielS