cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT uses Digital Voice as cover for a price-hike

Go to solution

I was tempted by BT's suggestion that people who do not wish to continue with Digital Voice may be interested in their 'broadband only' plans. I am on a plan which BT describes as "Fibre with BT Halo 1 plus Unlimited Weekend Calls".  For this service, including line rental, I pay a basic £47.53 per month. When I investigated broadband-only offers on BT's website I could find only 'Fibre with Halo 3' (no calls) at £48.53 including line rental. The situation was confirmed by telephone. So there is no saving for me if I drop the DV telephone service and rely on my cellphone. There is no such thing as downgrading at BT!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT uses Digital Voice as cover for a price-hike

Go to solution

just phone the options team and you should be able to continue with fibre1 or 2 and drop the add-on Halo whether 1 or 3 and also drop ability to make and receive calls so just pay for the actual broadband and line rental 0800800030

nothing to do with digital voice as you describe

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks, imjolly.  I had a long wait with somebody on the usual customer service number 0800800150. He told me that my present plan no longer existed. When I feel strong enough I will try your alternative number, but I have grave doubts about making any saving.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hello,

I was in a similar situation to you (although not connected to Digital Voice) and i followed imjollys advice and called the Options Team to get a cheaper and different package.Had been on Halo 1 with fibre 1 costing me about £37 pmth and downgraded to Fibre 1 without Halo and renewed my PAYGO landline FREE.Got a good deal £27 pmth. Dont bother renewing via MyBt just ring the Options team.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I spoke to BT this morning. I was offered Halo 3 broadband only for £37.99 or Fibre 2 broadband only for £30.99

I've not yet decided to go ahead, but I will tentatively mark this query as 'solved'. Thanks to you both for your input. But why is this 'Options Team' on 0800800030 not mentioned on the BT website?

0 Ratings