cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT8500 using DV

Go to solution

We have had a set of these for years.  The answerphone has always worked well when we were on analogue but now with Digital Voice it never  records a message. I am now thinking did it ever work having switched to DV through my SH2.  My set up is to use the BT Digital Voice adapter which has a constant green light on it (proving it is paired to the hub via WPS).  All the handsets work perfectly receiving and making calls.  Has my BT8500 expired, the Answerphone is always switched on with a red light showing. When testing from my BT Mobile after a few unanswered rings it goes to a BT Voicemail.  The message can then be picked up on the house phone after dialling 1571.  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT8500 using DV

Go to solution

@G8ZIG 

You need to disable the 1571 service, to allow the answerphone to take the call.

You can do this via MyBT.

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--how-do-i-use-my-calling-features-

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I can't see anyway to disable 1571 in MYBT /manage DV

I think way to get what you want is set DV 1571 to max number of rings before answering and your 8500 to a lesser number of rings so it answers call before 1571

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for all the advice.   I used my MyBT App and set the number of rings from 7 to 10.  A quick test here left a message on the BT8500 - BRILLIANT.  I looked at the account option but left it as it was i.e. Voicemail Essential with BT Call Protect.

0 Ratings