cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Bang and Olufsen Beocom 6000, with PSTN Base on digital voice.

Go to solution

Hi there,

I am a digital voice user. I recently purchased A Beocom 6000 handset, with a PSTN Base. Basically, Bang and Olufsen have a PSTN base, which you can wirelessly connect handsets & chargers too. The base has a 4 pin RJ11 plug coming out of it. For this base to connect to the telephone (digital voice adapter) line and power, you plug the RJ11 jack into a splitter. into this splitter, you connect a power socket and a BT 231A plug.

I did this and the phone partly worked. I was able to dial out without a problem, but I was unable to receive calls. When I rang my telephone number, my digital voice phone downstairs rang briefly but cut off as soon as the call reached my digital voice adapter. (Bear in mind, there is a short delay before the incoming call reaches the digital voice socket.) It showed on my mobile that the call was answered and immediately hung up. I tried plugging a 431A BT Cord from the Digital voice adapter into the splitter I mentioned earlier. This eliminated the problem of the telephone cutting off, but the Beocom phone didn't ring, and it constantly showed on the display 'Line Busy'.

So, I reverted back to the 231A and accepted that the phones were only partly working, but then I ran my own test. I plugged a splitter into my Digital voice adapter and plugged in a regular corded telephone. The phones in the house rang as normal. While the phones were ringing, I plugged the Beocom Base into the splitter, and the phones rang with the other phones. This was the only way the Beocom's would accept an incoming call if they were plugged in as the line was receiving one.

What I am wondering is, am I doing something wrong? If the phones accept a call when they are plugged in while a call is incoming, then surely there must be a setting or something I can fiddle with to get them working normally. 

If anyone has any advice, please share it!

I hope I haven't confused anyone, I hope you understand what I mean.

Many Thanks

Ryan

All the best

Regards
Ryan

If this reply was helpful, please leave a like, or if I answered your question, please click 'mark as answer. Many thanks
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Bang and Olufsen Beocom 6000, with PSTN Base on digital voice.

Go to solution

Have you tried simply connecting the base to the phone socket on the back of the hub and see if phones work as expected similar to DV phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Hi there,

I have just seen your message. Personally, I cannot see how this will make a difference. I have read other forums on virgin media etc and lots of people have previously had this problem. Is there a compatibility issue with these particular phones or is there something else I can do?

Regards

Regards
Ryan

If this reply was helpful, please leave a like, or if I answered your question, please click 'mark as answer. Many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Ryan,

Did you manage to find a way of resolving this issue?  I have exactly the same problem you described.

When I first received the digital adapter I plugged in just my corded Beocom2500 and it worked perfectly for outgoing and incoming calls. However, after adding my Beocom6000 handsets using a splitter as you outlined the 2500 stopped working altogether and I could only make outgoing calls with the 6000.  When dialling into my landline using a mobile the ring tone operated twice and the line dropped and there was no ringing at all on the 6000.

At my wits end with this and clearly BT want us to spend money on their digital phones!  I read that there may be problems with phones that are over 10 years old not ringing and mine are certainly over that age so maybe I will just have to accept it and junk them!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Hi there, yes I found the solution. 

Plugging it into the back of the router did make a difference. Not really sure what caused it to not work with the adapter but hey ho. I have the Beocom PSTN base so my 6000s can go anywhere asking as the wireless pstn thing is plugged in. 

many thanks

Regards
Ryan

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

You could try plugging an ADSL filter into the adapter socket. It's not required as a filter, but it has the effect of providing a ring wire.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Hi there,

I tried this also and it had no effect. I’m still puzzled but maybe the B&O doesn’t like the time delay it takes for the call to reach the dv adapter, as the router receives the call as soon as it comes in with no delay

thanks

Regards
Ryan

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Ryan,

I took your advice and plugged a spliter into the back of the hub and 'hey presto' as you found my phones came alive!  So  really grateful for your advice and quick reply to my message.  My next issue to solve is why my Beocom 2500 doesn't work either plugged into the splitter on the hub or the digital adapter, with or without an ADSL filter and keeps displaying "Line Busy" even when it's disconnected which is really weird, and a menu reset doesn't clear the problem.  I also have to sort out my Beotalk 1200 answerphone, at present all voicemail is going to the BT system which is irritating but not the end of the world!

Anyway thanks once again.

Jazzer

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks I had tried that without success but as you can see from my reply to Ryan, plugging in directly to the hub worked and I can dial out and am now getting incoming calls as well.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Regards

Jazzer

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

86F2B33D-3E28-4ED5-82A5-13417E9B8463.jpeg

(Notice it only had 2 wires. This should be the lead coming out of the adsl filter that plugs into the adapter or phone socket.) 

Hi there,

for the 2500, my advice would be to check what type of adsl filter you are using. I was using an old BT one but had to change it, here’s why:

the problem may be that the 2500 doesn’t like the ring wire (I had a problem similar with an older BT Converse) so try and find an adsl filter that has only 2 metal pins on the plug that plugs into the adapter. As another reply suggested, you may need a ring wire added, but I would say maybe you need it taken away. (I’m sorry I’m not that technical but I’ll provide a photo of the type of plug your filter should have) 

my BT filter plug had all four wires and wasn’t removing the ring wire, but then when I tried the 2 wire one, the Bt Converse started to work. The beocom 6000 still didn’t but that’s a different story. Definitely give it a try with your corded phone and let me know. 

about the beotalk. Plug it in with the other phones on the router. Then ring 1571 from your phones and turn voicemail OFF. Then turn it on from the beotalk. This should help. Let me know

Many thanks

Regards
Ryan

0 Ratings